X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncopa
    replied
    Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
    my friend please provide a bench or too to back that claim up.
    Use the link in my post. (click on "known").

Leave a comment:

• Lockal
    replied
    I guess the bottleneck of most videogames is not OpenGL, unless the game is designed for high-end graphics card. Check this with any profiler: gl... calls are almost unnoticeable amoung game physics and logic. Compiling the actual software and main libraries instead of driver could give a very different result.

Leave a comment:

• ryszardzonk
    replied
    Originally posted by ncopa View Post
    I would be very interested in how the -O1, -O2, -O3 compares to -Os (optimize for size). When code is smaller you get fewer cache misses which leads to faster execution. Ruby is known to run faster with -Os.
    my friend please provide a bench or too to back that claim up. I have found no tests for ruby using -0s. I would welcome a link for those tests.
    PS In that search I found the "Falcon patch" which regardless of the flags made ruby much faster

Leave a comment:

• ncopa
    replied
    I would be very interested in how the -O1, -O2, -O3 compares to -Os (optimize for size). When code is smaller you get fewer cache misses which leads to faster execution. Ruby is known to run faster with -Os.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Optimizing Mesa Performance With Compiler Flags

Optimizing Mesa Performance With Compiler Flags

Phoronix: Optimizing Mesa Performance With Compiler Flags

Compiler tuning can lead to performance improvements for many computational benchmarks by toying with the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS, but is there much gain out of optimizing your Mesa build? Here's some benchmark results...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X