X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by ownagefool View Post
    No single consumer can fix, but much like the voting, if everyone did their part it'd be an easy problem to solve.

AMD offers value for money in their APUs and almost always have offered value for money for as long as they've existed. Theres no reason for them to be in their current mess beyond consumers lead by marketing and AMDs apparently failure to compete with that.
    Fairy tale of a economic hitman... did you know that the monopoles of the USA like INTEL+Microsoft are only allowed in the USA because its there economic hitman strategy.
    They can not break down these monopoles because then they lose the "Power" to "force" the world economically in there foreign policy direction.

In the USA the Economy is a part of the National-Defence... ask the "Iran" how it "feels" if you get a strike of that "Weapon".

Because of that they just don't give a fuck about end-users and customers they all are just a part of the military industrial complex and they do have a NR1 rule: "Customer go fuck yourself."

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    That?s a problem no consumer can fix.
    Government need to cut "Intel" into at minimum 2 pieces.
    1 piece for manufacturing chips and 1 piece for design chip-designs and drivers.
    Then AMD can also use the 22nm manufacturing technique like Intel to fight back.

But fight monopole is out of range of any consumer.

You can not fight back monopole with 100 or 200?.

that?s a fight only the Governments can fight.
    No single consumer can fix, but much like the voting, if everyone did their part it'd be an easy problem to solve.

AMD offers value for money in their APUs and almost always have offered value for money for as long as they've existed. Theres no reason for them to be in their current mess beyond consumers lead by marketing and AMDs apparently failure to compete with that.

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by renkin View Post
    But the "Go fuck yourself AMD" approach is the same as
    "Go fuck yourself, wallet. I'm willing to let Intel crush AMD out of the market by buying intel exclusively. I'm willing to buy everything from a monopoly in the future just because I want a few goodies now"

How accurate was that?
    That?s a problem no consumer can fix.
    Government need to cut "Intel" into at minimum 2 pieces.
    1 piece for manufacturing chips and 1 piece for design chip-designs and drivers.
    Then AMD can also use the 22nm manufacturing technique like Intel to fight back.

But fight monopole is out of range of any consumer.

You can not fight back monopole with 100 or 200?.

that?s a fight only the Governments can fight.

Leave a comment:

• renkin
    replied
    Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    Future will show the truth. Maybe it was a good idea to work on the UVD stuff or PM but maybe it turns out that it was a complete waste of money.

On the other side as a end-user you can simply just chose Intel hardware then you get the video-acceleration stuff and power management then you don't need to wait for the future.

The "Go fuck yourself AMD" way is much more effective for an end-user.

Maybe the AMD-insolvency is the final solution.
    But the "Go fuck yourself AMD" approach is the same as
    "Go fuck yourself, wallet. I'm willing to let Intel crush AMD out of the market by buying intel exclusively. I'm willing to buy everything from a monopoly in the future just because I want a few goodies now"

How accurate was that?

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Why not ? Everyone knows that we focused on other areas first because they had the greatest chance of delivering immediate benefits, and now we're working on these.

I got a lot of flak from readers here when I said we were even *working* on UVD and advanced PM, because they understood there would need to be a lot of internal work before we would have anything to show for it and a good chance we would end up having to toss some work and start over a couple of times along the way.

It seems somehow wrong to attack us for spending time on difficult areas that are not likely to show immediate results *and* to attack us for not having results in those areas yet.

If you're just saying "I wish it were easier" I sure wouldn't disagree with that
    Future will show the truth. Maybe it was a good idea to work on the UVD stuff or PM but maybe it turns out that it was a complete waste of money.

On the other side as a end-user you can simply just chose Intel hardware then you get the video-acceleration stuff and power management then you don't need to wait for the future.

The "Go fuck yourself AMD" way is much more effective for an end-user.

Maybe the AMD-insolvency is the final solution.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    OMG, having actually working dynpm and UVD in open source drivers would be so amazingly brilliant. Plus GL3.3, which should come rather soon....

Please AMD, make it happen

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Honestly, do you expect to default to dynpm before the end of 2013? I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    It's not rumour -- I posted about it here a couple of times.

This is the same process we did for almost everything else -- we need to write some working code first to figure out what programming info is "must have" for the initial release, then we start working through each part of the programming info to either get approval to release it or find a way to make a good driver without it.

We knew UVD would be tough and explicitly carved it out of our initial plans & announcement but advanced PM turned out to be a *lot* harder to release than I initially expected.
    Beidgman do you (AMD) own all the IP for PM?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    It's not rumour -- I posted about it here a couple of times.

This is the same process we did for almost everything else -- we need to write some working code first to figure out what programming info is "must have" for the initial release, then we start working through each part of the programming info to either get approval to release it or find a way to make a good driver without it.

We knew UVD would be tough and explicitly carved it out of our initial plans & announcement but advanced PM turned out to be a *lot* harder to release than I initially expected.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Also dave airlie (airlied), who is the kernel graphics maintainer (read: he knows stuff about linux graphics), mentioned that they cannot do anything proper about it until AMD releases the appropriate documentation. Which is not going happen.

If someone reverse engineers it -and i thing the same goes for nvidia- then you will probably get proper dynamic PM.

The same for video acceleration.
    Rumour has it that there is code for both of these written by AMD which is stuck in a limbo due to technical/legal review.

It would be really amazing if this were true and the code is released at some point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X