Open-Source OpenCL Isn't Even Ready For Fedora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tstellar View Post
    Using the upstream version of libclc for R600 depends on having the R600 target added to LLVM and Clang, so until that happens I'm not really planning to do much with libclc.
    Yeah, I figured that was the case. Hopefully the LLVM guys go for your idea of at least adding a staging area for LLVM, and hopefully they pull your R600 back-end into master sooner rather than later.

As for the state of OpenCL on r600g, we have been making good progress. I just pushed a change today that allows you to run OpenCL while the X server is running, without having to be root, and lately I've been working on enabling more code sharing between the 3D and compute sections of the driver.
    So I've noticed. I was out of town this weekend, and I was focused this morning on trying to get R600g+LLVM+GLAMOR running on my machine, but after that I'll be attempting to do a fresh build of r600+clover.

I've also started working on an LLVM/OpenCL TODO, so that people who want to help with the driver know what things need to be done. For people that are new to driver development there are a few "easy" tasks that would be a good way to get familiar with the code. The list is not complete, and I'll keep adding more tasks as I think of them.
    I'll take a look later this evening. My wife will be out of town most of the week, and I might need something to do

I'm thinking of either trying to help out with this work, or possibly contributing to the piglit OpenCL project that someone was doing for EVoC (without stepping on their toes too much, hopefully).

Comment

If you're interested, you should give it a try. It's a great way to learn the code, and I really don't mind answering questions.
      I sent you an email with a few questions. Doubt this is going to work but anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X