Morphological Anti-Aliasing With Mesa 8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
    MSAA(and related) is of course preferred over MLAA.
    Not at the speed the Mesa drivers are running at, it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Not at the speed the Mesa drivers are running at, it's not.
      I know, especially since I'm considering a 27-30" panel using DP and 10-bit color depth for my next workstation.

Comment

Anyone know what it would take to get MSAA support up and running? The register reference mentions a MSAA_ENABLE bit but somehow I doubt it's as simple as just flipping that control register.

Comment

People in this thread are fighting over what the best postprocessing-based antialiasing algorithm is, but what exactly is implemented in Mesa anyway? MLAA describes a class of algorithms, not a specific one.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
            People in this thread are fighting over what the best postprocessing-based antialiasing algorithm is, but what exactly is implemented in Mesa anyway? MLAA describes a class of algorithms, not a specific one.
            Jimenez's MLAA.

Comment

Originally posted by tholin View Post
              Anyone know what it would take to get MSAA support up and running? The register reference mentions a MSAA_ENABLE bit but somehow I doubt it's as simple as just flipping that control register.
              It doesn't answer your question but there's an old git branch which seems to contain some initial work on MSAA:

Comment

Working...
              X