X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobu
    replied
    For the record, sarcasm is a form of irony:

Sure is nice that we have a visual comparison from the nVidia driver too! (the irony being that from reading that sentence you might expect there to be a comparison with the nvidia driver, but in reality there isn't--a discrepancy between reality and what you expect)

On that note, it does look to me like some part of the rendering is not aligned properly in the enemy screenshot, possibly in the one with the explosion too. I couldn't really see a difference in the first one.
    Last edited by Nobu; 16 February 2012, 02:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• plumbers25
    replied
    Image Quality Comparison: Radeon Gallium3D vs. Catalyst

Great post, although I would also note that adding word restriction to your comments might backfire. I understand wanting to cut down on spam, but it also adds another barrier for the commenter, and I think it's more beneficial to make commenting as easy as possible.
    Plumbing Manchester CT
    Hartford Plumbing
    plumber Greenwich
    Fairfield Plumbing
    Norwalk Plumbing

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    a statement can be ironic without sense! and the lag of sense can be an essential part of the irony! then its called '''ironic Satire'''
    "in satire, irony is militant" ^ Northrop Frye, literary critic, quoted in: Elliott, satire
    Thanks for pointing out the *OBVIOUS*. but, this is not what i was referring to when i said some of your statements aren't ironic, and CANT be ironic because they *don't MAKE any SENSE*. An ironic statement MUST actually contain an irony to be ironic. Furthermore, and equally important - you must be able to execute/communicate the ironic statement in a *legible* / understandable way. hence, you can't just add <ironic></ironic> ~ as that DOESN'T make what you said ironic.

Definition of LEGIBLE. 1. : *capable of being read or deciphered*

When i said things you've written don't even make sense, and thus aren't ironic - that means they are NOT legible, so they can't be ironic.
    And the lack of a sense was a part of the joke! (i never claimed my joke has any sense)
    This is just another shining example, of your lack of understanding.
    some more Wikipedia stuff about irony in satire:
    "Yet some satire is not "funny", nor is meant to be."
    "satire always has a serious "after-taste"
    this means you do not have any clue.
    No. it means nothing other than you can cut and paste from wikipedia, and draw random-schizo conclusions, where there aren't any to be drawn...you are hopeless. kind of like what JB said here about something you wrote;
    I didn't understand the rest of your post. It seems to be based on putting unrelated statements together in the hope that people will think there is a connection
    this is basically what most of your posts are like. (and i too laughed when i read that.)

the Xbox360-Xenos Graphic chip prove the Opensource/(closed source) Linux support from AMD is a LIE! &&
    IF a Opensource USER BUY 'AMD hardware for example XENOS-Graphic chip based hardware he is just FUCKED! (bla bla bla)
    ATI develops XENOS for *MICROSOFT* aka: one of the more proprietary companies on the planet, and MS is not OSS friendly. (we all know that)... AMD buys ATI a year or two later... AMD doesn't open-source the XENOS code, which isn't surprising really ~ being as XENOS was developed for XBOX360 ~ a Microsoft product. What do you think the chances are that Microsoft really wants that code open-source or people to be using Linux on XBOX360, instead of what Microsoft has developed for their own platform???

It would seem to me, it would be a waste of AMD's time to invest in that, especially considering, from what i understand almost all of it's features were used in r600, except for eDRAM..... the kind of arguments (delutions/ rationalizations) of yours about AMD not being OSS friendly because of that(xenos/xbox360) && JB not being OSS friendly because of a modem he uses to connect to the internet are absolutely retarded.

he only use opensource in the way MICROSOFT WANT IM TO USE OPENSOURCE!
    or just maybe JB is an *employee* of AMD (one of many!), and is NOT an MS employee and therefore -> *doesn't make the vast majority of decisions for either company. Q, give it up. You are just making yourself look even more stupid.

And the more you keep accusing everyone else of being fascist/nazi-whatever. the more it seems like fascism/nazism is actually your own politics/position and way of thinking.
    Last edited by ninez; 16 February 2012, 01:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    No, up to 3GB is included in the base monthly price.

I didn't understand the rest of your post. It seems to be based on putting unrelated statements together in the hope that people will think there is a connection.
    I still don't understand why we're supposed to care if you use a windows modem. Seeing as how you manage the OSS graphics team, I would expect you to be somewhat familiar with Linux and the OSS driver, but I don't care how you connect to the internet any more than i care what your cable provider is or if you enjoy fishing.

I probably shouldn't have posted this - it's just going to encourage Q to post another 50 gibberish posts attacking us. But I wanted to let you know that most people here appreciate the OSS drivers and the work you're doing.

Leave a comment:

• Tgui
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

I didn't understand the rest of your post. It seems to be based on putting unrelated statements together in the hope that people will think there is a connection.
    I actually laughed out loud. I now have food on my keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I was thinking about trying that, but I haven't yet found a phone that can hold a reliable connection in the house. With the cellular modem I can plug in an external antenna and get a decent connection.

The cell phone idea would have been good on the last hunting trip though... would have been a lot easier to haul a cell phone up into a tree (to get reception) than hauling up the cell modem plus a 50' extension cord going to an inverter in the truck

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    And you certainly know that you can use usb or wifi tethering with an android phone? via usb you just connect the cable and you are online (in the usual case when network-manager is active) - also you get power, so battery should not run out.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Sigh...

Q, using the cellular modem doesn't cost any more than using the dial-up as long as I stay within the per-month data allocation. You know all this...
    Last edited by bridgman; 15 February 2012, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AlbertP
    replied
    There's another thread to discuss Qaridarium (http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...3-Ban-Qaridium). This one is about the image quality of the various AMD drivers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X