No announcement yet.

Image Quality Comparison: Radeon Gallium3D vs. Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qaridarium, stop derailing this thread, please. The grown-ups are trying to have a meaningful discussion about a discrepancy in the renderings.

Enough is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetualrabbit View Post
      In the picture with the purple monster, the only difference I see is a purple reflection on the floor, and some smoke at the wall, which are missing in the catalyst-generated one. So can I conclude that catalyst fails to render smoke in this game?
      For the rest, I see no difference. At least not in quality. The image-delta pictures proof that the difference is there of course, but who can say which of the pictures is a more correct rendering?
      That picture is the Enemy screenshot: the only correct conclusion is that there is a difference between the two renderings. More tests would help to stress which one is the bugged rendering.

About the quality, as other users have written, JPEGs are not useful at all for image-delta, but I agree with you: even if they were PNGs, how can we tell which one is the most correct?

Comment

Q, no one can read any irony or sarcasm in any of your posts

Perhaps because you aren't a very good English speaker. But more so, i think, because you regularly have some pretty wild ideas and it's impossible to tell when you are really serious or just joking.

If you want to avoid derailing threads like this in the future, I suggest placing an /irony or /sarcasm tag anywhere you are using it.

I suspect you just enjoy derailing these threads, though.

Comment

Guys, can you stop going off-topic? In seven pages of ?Image Quality Comparison? maybe there is only one about IQC. I'm really interested in the Enemy's rendering problem, can we talk about that? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            now i use your words (because they work as well)

Ironic:"the opposite of its literal meaning."
            That's funny dude, except you are missing part of what i wrote. What you have written above does NOT define something being ironic, or even irony in itself. In fact, it is an imcomplete definition and it is (almost) no better than your original definition. which was;

the basic ironic is the direct opposite of the truth
            direct opposite of truth would be A) False or B) lie ~ depending of course on the context in which you are using 'truth'.

now read my original writing again: "Irony: he only use jpeg because its opensource and png is bad closed source software! "

what in hell do you read if you have this words: "the opposite of its literal meaning." in mind?
            i see someone failing to execute a really crappy joke. and...

and everyone can prove he don't think about the "ironic" tag by reading your answer:

"mangobrain: lolwhut? http://www.libpng.org/ Seriously, that's not even trolling, that's just ignorance. "
            ...why are you telling me this?? -> ie: i don't care... Furthermore, my original comment wasn't directed at that comment (ie: it was a reply to your definition and NOT previous posts). In reality, it was about your stupid/wrong definition. So why are you even going on about this?! really.

(ironic)Sure! and do retarded monkey talk is my therapy you know? (/ironic)
            That is *sarcasm* NOT irony. Furthermore, that sentence doesn't even make sense ...again, more of this low-IQ drunken monkey talk.

oh this is simple a multilangual error sorry because in germany Irony is Ironi and my stupid language spell checker makes Ironi to Ironic.
            Sure, blame it on your spellchecker. The problem with doing that is your definition of irony/ironic was/is still totally incorrect. (regardless of using a adjective vs. a noun .. as your definition was/is *incomplete*). So while you think this is a simple *multilingual* error, it's not. The error is your definition.

the only irony i see here, is a dumb german troll, who doesn't have a very good grasp on the english language, trying really hard to dictate in an english forum, English definitions of words to English speaking people like myself!

that's not only hilariously ironic, but a total failure on your part. ~ way to make yourself look even more retarded.

why don't you stick to what you know. you trying to define the English language to English speaking people is laughable ~ for the simple fact, you have already shown that you aren't able to do that...And this isn't a knock on the fact, English is your 2nd/3rd language... Most people in your situation wouldn't waste their time telling english folks what english words mean. ie: i don't go to german forums and argue with people over the meaning of german language ~ as that would just be moronic (and moronic is a SEVERE understatement).

more retarded nonsense;

WTF you are a hardcore fundamentalist! You really think you can speak for everyone in the world.

this is nothing more than mental Fascism !

shame on you!
            It's not fascism. I totally agree with what smitty3268 said. ~ Myself, i can't tell half the time whether you are being serious, joking, sarcastic, ironic. Quite frankly, most of your posts are so *poorly written*, its hard to even tell what you are saying half the time. I don't think you have the (english) skills to translate/integrate the subtle 'nuances' of the english language into plain text on the internet. you pretty much suck at it.

Why not instead continue with the more relevant info, like;

my glxinfo:
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV740
            OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-c565ff6 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

but 3.0 is only there if you set:
            R600_GLSL130=1
            R600_STREAMOUT=1

in the .pam_environment file in your home dir
            I'm sure a few users may have found that helpful. no?

while the rest of what you write is just annoying nonsense.
            Last edited by ninez; 14 February 2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

"Q, no one can read any irony or sarcasm in any of your posts "

WTF you are a hardcore fundamentalist! You really think you can speak for everyone in the world.

shame on you!
              That's what i thought, you just want to troll. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Q, stop thread jacking

Are there any admins on Phoronix who can just delete every post in this thread not related to image quality? It'd probably only leave 3-4 left, but at least they'd be relevant.

Comment

The Radeon Gallium 3D is inferior. It was pointed out on the first page of this thread, the enemy photo has a rather noticeable blur between the legs with the Radeon graphics. What is that from?

Comment

I'm not going to reply to ALL of your past reply, just a few bits. The truth of it is, most of that post didn't even make sense by the time you translated it into english...

1. how can a statement be ironic (regardless of your tags), if it doesn't make sense??? (in english).

ANSWER: It CAN'T be ironic because the statement didn't make any sense, in the first place.

2. Your definition was STRAIGHT UP WRONG. no matter what angle that you try to play now.... it was NOT a matter of taste (on my part). You wrote a definition, it was incorrect... you then quote-mined my definition, but by the very act of quote-mining - you disregarded an important part of the definition... you then went on to say something was ironic, which wasn't ironic (furthermore, what you wrote didn't make sense) ~ it was just sarcasm. That's not a 'matter of taste', its a matter of FACT.

3. I never said once that i specifically had a hi-IQ, nor did i even imply it. I simply pointed out my own doubts about *you having even an average IQ* ~ and there is a HUGE difference between the two. but you just keep spewing nonsense that supports my observation of you having a low-IQ. awesome That's your problem though, not mine.

4. I have no problem with germans or any other nationality or group. But yeah, i do have an issue with you, you're a troll and your 'ironic' behavior; of trying to school english speaking people on how the english language is used/defined ~ when you, yourself seem pretty much incapable of actually writing an even moderately clear, concise and coherent sentence or two.

5. gotta address this;

you are happy about your native speaking language without any disorder right?
                    the problem is not my definition the problem is your taste you just don't have the same taste and because of this your Mental Fascism force you to blame me. Irony: Hail to the new Leader NINEZ!!! HAIL NINEZ!!
                    Irony: nothing what a good Genocide can't fix! the dumb sup-humans with the degenerate name "Germans" must be punished because of there bad English skills!
                    Heil ninez heil ninez
                    seriously??!! are you really this ignorant and stupid???? go back to my previous post, or just read #4 ...It has nothing to do with the fact english is your second or third language, and absolutely NOTHING to do with being German. The Fact is I called you "a dumb german troll" ~ because 1). you come across as being really stupid/ignorant/dumb. 2). you ARE german (but german was only mentioned in the context of language)... 3). by all accounts ~ you are a troll! ...It was NOT a comment about 'germans' in a general way. I was talking about YOU - and NOT anyone else! ~ Again, read #4 or goto the previous post, where this has already been discussed at length, moron. - you can try to twist words all you like, it's not working shithead.

6. What is your obsession with Fascism?!?!

Quite frankly, you can keep your nazi-talk to yourself. Maybe you find that kind of stuff 'cool', funny or interesting, but i don't. Nor does it apply in any capacity to me, things i have said or my points of view. I also haven't heard of this film you speak of, nor do i give a shit. But i got to wonder, maybe this is actually something that you are into ~ being as you bring it up any chance you get.

Q, you're a pathetic little ignorant loser. Straight up!

Comment

"Q, no one can read any irony or sarcasm in any of your posts "

shame on you!
                      Hey Q,

I don't know if smitty is a "hardcore fundamentalist", but I agree with his preceding statement.
                      I am completely sympathetic to you not being a native English speaker, so I generally just take best guesses as to what your posts are about, however you do have some interesting views (which is FINE), but because of that it makes it really hard to know when you are being sarcastic/ironic, at least for me, and judging from the posts, for others as well.
                      Obviously you can post however you like (at least until a mod says otherwise), but understand that if you actually want to be completely transparent with regards to meaning, sarcasm tags WOULD be helpful (understand, however, that sarcasm is usually taken to mean a certain amount of intent to hurt someone, while irony CAN mean the same thing, it isn't necessary to be hurtful).

Best/Liam

Comment

Working...
                      X