Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Out Mesa's GLSL-To-TGSI Translator

Phoronix: Testing Out Mesa's GLSL-To-TGSI Translator

Being merged into the mainline Mesa tree once Mesa 7.11 has been released is the GLSL-To-TGSI translator. This allows core Mesa to translate directly from GLSL IR to TGSI, rather than stepping through the crufty Mesa IR, before reaching the Gallium3D hardware drivers. It's more efficient this way -- leading to possible performance improvements -- and it's also a stepping-stone in bringing GL Shading Language 1.30 support, which is required for OpenGL 3.0 compatibility.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm almost certain Michael failed English at school. Seriously even if you don't get your work proof read at least spell check it!

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I'm almost certain Michael failed English at school. Seriously even if you don't get your work proof read at least spell check it!
      Using http://orangoo.com/spellcheck/ I find 2 errors: "brnach" and "performace".
      If my essays in highschool had only contained that few errors I would've got highest grades.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        Are you being funny or are you just a dick? Who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
          Are you being funny or are you just a dick? Who cares.
          Proofreading is important. It is unprofessional if there are glaring errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
            Proofreading is important. It is unprofessional if there are glaring errors.
            Sure, but stating Michael failed some portion of school was just insulting.

It gets rather tiresome reading through so many abusive and snide comments about Michaels writing, reporting, fact finding etc. Really, every discussion is littered with them.

Constructive feedback is welcome of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
              It gets rather tiresome reading through so many abusive and snide comments...
              Agreed. Whatever your opinions are of this site's articles, there are constructive ways to offer your criticisms. Calling the author a high school failure isn't constructive; it's destructive. It's childish and it doesn't help anyone.

The correct way to handle this type of concern:
              1. Clearly explain what the problem is; e.g. typos are distracting. Politely tell the author that proof-reading would improve the quality of the article.
              2. If article quality does not rise to meet your standards, stop reading articles on the site.

That's it! That's all it takes. Ranting in the forums doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by ean5533 View Post
                Agreed. Whatever your opinions are of this site's articles, there are constructive ways to offer your criticisms. Calling the author a high school failure isn't constructive; it's destructive. It's childish and it doesn't help anyone.

The correct way to handle this type of concern:
                1. Clearly explain what the problem is; e.g. typos are distracting. Politely tell the author that proof-reading would improve the quality of the article.
                2. If article quality does not rise to meet your standards, stop reading articles on the site.

That's it! That's all it takes. Ranting in the forums doesn't help.
                My opinion is that it was just a troll post, so called grammar natzi one. Let just not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim Levitsky View Post
                  My opinion is that it was just a troll post, so called grammar natzi one. Let just not feed the trolls.
                  Normally I'm all for starving the trolls, but lately there's been more troll posts than non-troll posts. I don't post much on Phoronix purely because when I do it's typically only trolls that respond. It's discouraging to everyone who wants to foster a real discussion on the article. Hopefully by actively discouraging the trolls and encouraging real posts we can get real discussions to be the norm and not the rarity.

Comment

Originally posted by ean5533 View Post
                    Normally I'm all for starving the trolls, but lately there's been more troll posts than non-troll posts. I don't post much on Phoronix purely because when I do it's typically only trolls that respond. It's discouraging to everyone who wants to foster a real discussion on the article. Hopefully by actively discouraging the trolls and encouraging real posts we can get real discussions to be the norm and not the rarity.
                    It would help if there were at least one on-topic post in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X