X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
    Call me a pessimist, but I don't see 3.3 or even 3.1 coming with the next release. The wiki describes each of GLSL 1.40 and GLSL 1.50 as "piles and piles of work" that will take "months", and doing a release takes some time even when the bulk of it is "done". Anyway, I'd be plenty happy to see GL 3 support solidify in time for the next round of spring/summer distro releases (I'm assuming that it will likely arrive too late for the fall/winter ones)
    Which wiki is that? 3.2/1.5 will be a fair amount of work, but 3.3/3.3 is downright tiny. And I think 3.1/1.4 is fairly small, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, you're probably right that it's unlikely GLSL 1.4 would be finished for the next release, but we can hope.

Leave a comment:

• Ex-Cyber
    replied
    Call me a pessimist, but I don't see 3.3 or even 3.1 coming with the next release. The wiki describes each of GLSL 1.40 and GLSL 1.50 as "piles and piles of work" that will take "months", and doing a release takes some time even when the bulk of it is "done". Anyway, I'd be plenty happy to see GL 3 support solidify in time for the next round of spring/summer distro releases (I'm assuming that it will likely arrive too late for the fall/winter ones)

Leave a comment:

• Hephasteus
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Yes, but OpenGL 3.0 bridged decades of neglect and decay, while everything after that added relatively minor functionality. I don't think that it compares to the huge leap that is/was needed to bring GL 3.

OpenGL 3 will be the major milestone for Mesa. I can't wait.
    Yep. 3.0 to 3.3 would be easier than the to do list that's left for 3.0. 4.0 can rot for 3 years before anybody notices.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    The only items for attaining OpenGL 3.0 support that haven't been worked on at all are the float-depth buffers and depth format cube textures.
    and float-depth buffers: now done. Thanks Marek. http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ne/009085.html

At this rate, maybe we should be shooting for GL 3.1 for the next release.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Beyond OpenGL 3.0, there's already 3.1/3.2/3.3 and even OpenGL 4.0/4.1 to additionally address.
    Yes, but OpenGL 3.0 bridged decades of neglect and decay, while everything after that added relatively minor functionality. I don't think that it compares to the huge leap that is/was needed to bring GL 3.

OpenGL 3 will be the major milestone for Mesa. I can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Mesa's OpenGL 3.0 TODO List Is Becoming Smaller

Mesa's OpenGL 3.0 TODO List Is Becoming Smaller

Phoronix: Mesa's OpenGL 3.0 TODO List Is Becoming Smaller

Via a commit to the TODO list concerning Mesa's support for the OpenGL 3.0 specification, Marek Ol??k has confirmed that vertex texture image units for OGL3 are "DONE" and working on the R600 Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X