Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, oibaf,

Looks like your build is broken since https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...3c57837da6ea77. LLVM probably needs to be updated.

Comment

• There is a patch on mesa-dev list fixing it, hopefully they'll commit it soon.

Comment

• Hello,
        first of all thanks for all the great work.
        I have a little issue with these drivers:
        I'm running Linux Mint 18 Xfce 64-bit, kernel: 4.4.0-57-generic, with an AMD Radeon R7 265. I hade zero problems during drivers' installation, but after rebooting computer and logging-in appears some issues in some colours on my system: examples are the mint menu logo is now pink, others icon in the program menu are pink, top bars of windows are red instead of black. And then coulour issues on terrain of some videogames.
        I'm pretty new to linux so i actually don't know what should i do.

This is what i get from glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version":

OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 13.1.0-devel

Comment

• Hi all!
          This is my first post in this forum and it's for asking about a problem I have with the Oibaf packages
          under debian8 and with my Radeon HD8400E Kabini chip.

I've recompiled the packages I get from Oibaf archive at december. Exactly the next versions:

libclc 0.2.0+git20161219.1209.520743~gd~x
          libdrm 2.4.74+git1612241830.eebefa~gd~x
          libva 1.7.1-2~gd~x
          llvm-3.9 1:3.9.1-1~gd~x
          mesa 13.1~git1612270730.4d6d4f~gd~x
          xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu 1.2.99+git1612191933.b5c189~gd~x
          xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:7.8.99+git1612191933.720dd0~gd~x

My kernel version is 4.7.8-1~bpo8+1. I have installed this firmware files:

firmware-amd-graphics 20160824-1~bpo8+1
          firmware-linux-free 3.3

I've defined the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-device.conf as:

Section "Device"
          Identifier "Device0"
          Driver "radeon"
          Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
          Option "DRI" "3"
          Option "TearFree" "on"
          EndSection

I have a program using shaders working ok when I comment out DRI 3 option but my Xorg desktop is
          frozen when the same program is run with the Xorg configured with DRI 3. The glxgears works ok with
          both configurations.

Where the problem should come from? kernel or mesa? Any hint where to look?
          Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Latest update causes problems for me. KDE greets me with a solid white screen. System is still responsive. I can launch individual programs no problem. Glxgears renders fine. Problem persists even when I boot in Ubuntu's fails-safe mode. Games present graphical issues like missing textures all around and colored scanlines across the screen. Using a Nitro+ RX480. Anyone is experiencing issues with these cards?

Comment

• oibaf Do you plan on compiling Vulkan drivers in at some point? I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
                oibaf Do you plan on compiling Vulkan drivers in at some point? I'd really appreciate it.
                Probably yes, as soon as I have some time and motivation.

Comment

• Upgraded LLVM to 4.0 rc1.

Comment

• Thanks for putting this together and maintaining it for so long, oibaf.

Comment

• Youre a wizard Oibaf! My pentium4 can run now HD videos!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3uzeQJT9WM
                      Gretting from Israel for your magic drivers!

Comment

Working...
                      X