No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's update killed my Xorg too. Stuck in failsafe for the moment and waiting for a further update.

Comment

• Same here with 390x

Comment

• I'd suggest to either purge the PPA for a while.
        For some reason, Mesa isn't building: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archiv..._filter=xenial
        mesa2 days ago
        Failed to build:

Comment

• Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
          The latest update borked my Xorg, which falls back to failsafe and the fbdev-driver, but eventually dies. I get a screen warning me about low graphics settings and that's pretty much it.
          It started on 14.04 (even upgraded to the Xenial kernel) and I eventually did a clean install of 16.04 just in case support had been dropped for the former, but still no-go. Works fine with the stock FOSS drivers.
          The log files show both a Xorg.0.log and a Xorg.log.failsafe with similar timestamps.
          I use a R9 280 (Basically HD7950 GE)
          P.S. I also use the Gallium9 PPA
          Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          Today's update killed my Xorg too. Stuck in failsafe for the moment and waiting for a further update.
          Originally posted by c2h5oh View Post
          Same here with 390x
          Same.

Comment

• Hi, a mesa commit just some minutes ago fixed the build, rebuilding now.
            Unfortunately latest successful build had that radeonsi regression.
            Try updating in a hour, hopefully the issue should be fixed.

Comment

• Yep, working fine now, thanks!

Comment

• Fixed.

Comment

• I'm testing Mint 18 Beta, and installed Oibaf PPA. When booted, the UI is not working properly. It has a ghosting effect. Some windows can be visible and some just aren't. Not sure if this is something with Mint, or related to the Cinnamon UI? I know Oibaf PPA works fine in Ubuntu 16.04, which Mint 18 is based on. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 5550. Anyone experience issues?

Comment

• quick question. Does this PPA include the intel vulkan driver as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                      2) because of very few free time and the release of xenial/16.04, I'll soon definitively disable trusty/14.04 support.
                      Done.

Comment

Working...
                      X