Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• physx specific driver

oibaf would you be able to make a physx specific driver for specific physx cards?

Comment

• Question: is anyone else running this PPA unable to record video in cheese (the program works fine for taking photos, but when you try to start recording video, it segfaults)? I'm trying to isolate some instability in teleconferencing applications (other than Skype and Hangouts, which work fine) that's been happening lately and I can't think of anything else that could be causing it, other than this PPA updating all the time

On Sandybridge under Unity Desktop in 14.04, for the record.

Comment

• Try reverting to standard Ubuntu libvpx.

Comment

• That worked! Thanks! Maybe it's not worth packaging the git version of libvpx?

Comment

• I already removed libvpx from the ppa as a broken version get packaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              I already removed libvpx from the ppa as a broken version get packaged.
              oibaf would you be able to make a physx specific driver for specific physx cards using linux libraries from Nvidia!?

Get the latest physics simulation libraries., releases, and features.

Comment

• Azrael5: no, sorry.

Comment

Azrael5: no, sorry.

Ok, thanks for reply

Comment

I already removed libvpx from the ppa as a broken version get packaged.
                    ah, great, thanks. I'll just clear apt-cache and shouldn't have to lock version, then.

another question: would you consider making another branch that only builds release versions of mesa, rather than git versions? I've been getting some occasional display hangs this week, and though it's very rare I experience those sorts of issues because the mesa developers are quite good about what makes it into git, I'm on Sandybridge graphics which aren't likely to be improved any more, and this PPA updates more often than I want or need now. however, there's no other way to get a new-ish mesa in 14.04; I think 10.3.1 was the version that added maximum openGL 3.3 for sandybridge, but the only way to get a "stable" 10.3.1+ in ubuntu is to update the entire system to 15.04, which I don't want to do. you're one of very few people who's even building newer mesa for 14.04, so I'm not sure anyone else could do this very easily.

Thanks!

Comment

• Hi, unfortunately I have few spare time so I won't do a different ppa for stable release. If you have a bug make sure to report it if you want to see it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X