Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error when tried to upgrade libgl1-mesa-dri, Ubuntu Utopic 14.10 64 bit

Code:
    Preparativi per estrarre .../libgl1-mesa-dri_10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u_amd64.deb...
    De-configurazione di libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 (10.3.2-0ubuntu0.1)...
    Estrazione di libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64 (10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u) su (10.3.2-0ubuntu0.1)...
    dpkg: errore nell'elaborare l'archivio /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dri_10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u_amd64.deb (--unpack):
     tentata sovrascrittura della directory "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig" nel pacchetto libffi-dev:amd64 3.1-2 con un oggetto non-directory
    dpkg-deb: errore: il sottoprocesso paste ? stato terminato dal segnale (Pipe interrotta)
    Preparativi per estrarre .../libgl1-mesa-dri_10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u_i386.deb...
    De-configurazione di libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64 (10.3.2-0ubuntu0.1)...
    Estrazione di libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 (10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u) su (10.3.2-0ubuntu0.1)...
    dpkg: errore nell'elaborare l'archivio /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dri_10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u_i386.deb (--unpack):
     tentata sovrascrittura della directory "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig" nel pacchetto zlib1g-dev:i386 1:1.2.8.dfsg-1ubuntu1 con un oggetto non-directory
    dpkg-deb: errore: il sottoprocesso paste ? stato terminato dal segnale (Pipe interrotta)
    Si sono verificati degli errori nell'elaborazione:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dri_10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u_amd64.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dri_10.5~git1411191810.9460cd~gd~u_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpion2782 View Post
      error when tried to upgrade libgl1-mesa-dri, Ubuntu Utopic 14.10 64 bit
      That's the same issue I have, we just have to wait for the new fixed builds to appear on Launchpad. Apparently the build fails for the same reason

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        I have a fixed version, however launchpad is not able to compile from PPAs now, so the fix will arrive later.
        Please, fix this as soon, as possible. Because i even can't install ppa-purge or anything else

Comment

• Hi, I've successfully repack the package to fix my system. The following is the fixed package for Ubuntu 14.04 for x86 32-bit hardware architecture **only**.

Download the package and install it with
          # dpkg --install <filename>

Then you can recover APT to clean state using
          # apt-get --fix-broken install

Warn again that the package is only for x86 32-bit Ubuntu 14.04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex0007 View Post
            Please, fix this as soon, as possible. Because i even can't install ppa-purge or anything else

Be Careful

In this case the ppa-purge ppaibaf/graphics-drivers command does not work if you apply you "purge" half system.

Best Regards.

Comment

• It is possible to fix by downloading the latest mesa .deb files from the main ubuntu repos to a directory, and doing dpkg -i --force-all *.deb to get all the mesa packages back to a safe working version.

Then ppa-purge works to clean up what is left.

Comment

• I see no reason for doing ppa-purge, or anything else at the moment, since we all have a working systems, do we? So we should just wait a bit, until oibaf's fix arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex0007 View Post
                  Ouch... take it easy. No one forced you to run code from live repos. Using bleeding edge doesn't come without risks.

How fo you mean 'or anything else'? I presume you meant you cannot run ppa-purge, and not install it, b/c installation should work fine. Also, you run the newest code on your machine, so it won't hurt if stay on it for a few days (you are a year ahead of official Ubuntu drivers : ) so just relax.)

Comment

• I do not have a working system. When some part of it updates, pieces of my screen (windows in particular) flicker constantly between old and new states. For example when I switch a firefox tab the firefox window flickers between the old tab and new tab until I click and hold the titlebar as if i was going to move the window. This must be a redrawing issue, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
                      I presume you meant you cannot run ppa-purge, and not install it, b/c installation should work fine.
                      No, installation with apt-get is broken

Comment

Working...
                      X