Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kmod View Post
    As a result of upgrading a few hours ago my desktop would freeze whenever I scroll for a few second or moving windows around. Ubuntu 13.10 with intel ironlake graphic. Purged ppa and now back to normal.
    Similar here on SNB.

Rolling back the main intel driver to a version that doesn't include the git commits from yesterday seems to fix so far here.

Comment

As a result of upgrading a few hours ago my desktop would freeze whenever I scroll for a few second or moving windows around. Ubuntu 13.10 with intel ironlake graphic. Purged ppa and now back to normal.
      Same here (Sandy Bridge, Trusty.).

Comment

+1 (Haswell, Core i7-4770R, Iris Pro 5200). Seems like Intel screwed up somewhere...

Comment

• Looks like the intel problems in the previous few posts might have been fixed upstream.

Next time we get a intel driver rebuild in the ppa it should hopefully pull in the fix.

Comment

• I can confirm that upgrade of xserver-xorg-video-intel a few hours ago fixed the problem.

Comment

• add suport for VDPAU R300

Hi!

I have tested the package libg3dvl-mesa that contains some vdpau drives

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/vdpau/libvdpau_nouveau.so.1.0.0
              /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/vdpau/libvdpau_r600.so.1.0.0
              /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/vdpau/libvdpau_radeonsi.so.1.0.0

Can you please add also the driver for r300? (libvdpau_r300.so)

The driver exist on other distributions like OpenSuse (libvdpau_r300-9.2.3-61.9.1.x86_64) but I have no idea about how use it on my system (Debian based)

Comment

• Originally posted by CGarces View Post

The driver exist on other distributions like OpenSuse (libvdpau_r300-9.2.3-61.9.1.x86_64) but I have no idea about how use it on my system (Debian based)
                Note that r300 class asics have no UVD hw so the vdpau for them only supports shader-based MPEG1/2 decode.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGarces View Post
                  Hi!

I have tested the package libg3dvl-mesa that contains some vdpau drives

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/vdpau/libvdpau_nouveau.so.1.0.0
                  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/vdpau/libvdpau_r600.so.1.0.0
                  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/vdpau/libvdpau_radeonsi.so.1.0.0

It was removed in mesa 10.0:

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    Note that r300 class asics have no UVD hw so the vdpau for them only supports shader-based MPEG1/2 decode.
                    Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    It was removed in mesa 10.0:
                    http://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/10.0.html
                    Sound like bad news... no VDPAU support in current stable version of Mesa, XvMC will be removed.
                    I'll lost hardware acceleration support?

I'm using Mesa 9.2.2
                    ?Any chance of get the r300 libraries?

Comment

• Hi, I have an old Sony Vaio laptop, lshw gives the output

Code:
                      product: Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Control
                      I am wondering why with Ubuntu 14.04 using both the stock Ubuntu driver (mesa 10.1) and the oabif driver (mesa 10.3) I am only getting openGL 1.4 whereas with Ubuntu 12.04 using Pali's driver ppa I got OpenGL 2.1 ? https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X