No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also have my HD7770 from MSI. I asked their support about this problem but they said that they can't do anything

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareMan View Post
      Btw my videocard has 1 strange point: when drivers are not installed , it's cooler works on 100% power, that makes noise. When I used proprietary AMD's driver, there wasn't such issue and cooler was quiet.
      With this drivers it works on 100% and I think something didn't setup completely... And also with this drivers Steam gives me OpenGL error when I launch it.
      I have the same problem with a R9 270. Here's some background information:

I guess we'll have to wait for a kernel update? Or maybe enabling dpm in the boot-config helps for you - it didn't make a change for my card though.
      You could also try some of the new kernels; maybe they work better for your card (I don't believe it but it's probably worth a try). I testet my system up to 3.15 rc3 without a change in fan speed.

So I switched back to fxglr 14.4 which is way more silent and works with all the games but has horrible 2d-performance and some graphics glitches.

The driver situation for "modern" ATI cards (some of them several years old) is very very unsatisfactory at the moment. My personal solution: I'll sell my card as soon as I lose my patience and buy one from nvidia.

Comment

• Anyone know how to get the temperature with these drivers? Sensors doesn't show my Radeon HD 6370m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          Anyone know how to get the temperature with these drivers? Sensors doesn't show my Radeon HD 6370m.
          If you mean the open radeon drivers:
          (sudo) sensors-detect

Afterwards you can use the gathered sensors with lm-sensors for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by ungutknut View Post
            If you mean the open radeon drivers:
            (sudo) sensors-detect

Afterwards you can use the gathered sensors with lm-sensors for example.
            Tried that and got this.

Code:
            acpitz-virtual-0
            Adapter: Virtual device
            temp1:        +49.0?C  (crit = +99.0?C)

coretemp-isa-0000
            Adapter: ISA adapter
            Core 0:       +43.0?C  (high = +80.0?C, crit = +90.0?C)
            Core 2:       +37.0?C  (high = +80.0?C, crit = +90.0?C)

Comment

• Anyone know if the PTE patch is included with these drivers?

Comment

• It is a patch for a kernel, instead of mesa

Comment

• Update LLVM to point release?

Hi Oibaf,

Just wandering if you could update and use to compile the point release of LLVM 3.4.1? Thanks

Comment

• It doesn't properly build, currently: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/test/+packages

Comment

• latest update hosed my system

As a result of upgrading a few hours ago my desktop would freeze whenever I scroll for a few second or moving windows around. Ubuntu 13.10 with intel ironlake graphic. Purged ppa and now back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                      X