No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have an Intel and want OpenGL > 3.0 try updating to saucy and/or upgrading to a recent kernel (just a guess, no idea if it will work).

Comment

• Cheers Oibaf,
      here what I've got: Linux hdd-Inspiron-N5110 3.8.0-32-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 1 22:35:23 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      and mint 15 is based on 13.04 , which should fairly new. I'm just wondering whether I should expect to have GL 3.2 on the HD3000 or not.

Grazie.
      L.

Comment

• @donquixote: try installing a 3.12 kernel.

Comment

• Thanks oibaf, I'll try to give it a go.
          Cheers!
          L.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            @donquixote: try installing a 3.12 kernel.
            i have the same issue (as i mentioned earlier) and i am running saucy and now also just tried the 3.12 kernel (actually 3.11 should have been enough as all relevant changes have been made there).
            i also jsut update to the latest mesa builds from you.

it is still OpenGL 3.0 and geometric shaders is also still missing as many other things.

Comment

• Seems everyone with problems rely in the fact of the modules not loading correct and using the software aceleration.
              Lot of errors with " __" symbols until fallback to software non acelerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by fritzls View Post
                Seems everyone with problems rely in the fact of the modules not loading correct and using the software aceleration.
                Lot of errors with " __" symbols until fallback to software non acelerated.
                err, NO!

here are two different kind of issue:
                1. one have problems that their moduls are not being loaded.
                2. others have their moduls laoded correctly but the opengl feautres are not what we expected to be in mesa 10

the latter one is what me and others observed and as far as i saw this is the most often case here, snice oibaf updated to mesa 10.

ps. hardware accel works fine so far btw.

Comment

• LAtest oibaf updates ( ones today)..

Still;

"...
                  [ 11.907] (II) intel(0): SNA compiled: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.905+git1311050907.a0d1de~gd~s (Oibaf <[email protected]>)

..."

"...
                  [ 18.768] (EE) AIGLX error: i965 exports no extensions (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)
                  [ 18.769] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
                  ..."

Comment

• Not sure, but this seems to suggest that the xserver needs some backported patches to cope with the latest mesa 10 changes?

Comment

• Lets the GOD's play with their creation. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X