No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice that there are some updates for several of the packages, where can I read the changelog/updatelog of these chages?

EDIT: And is restarting my computer required for the updates of mesa and xorg-video driver to take effect?
    Last edited by Bushido_root; 05 October 2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
      I notice that there are some updates for several of the packages, where can I read the changelog/updatelog of these chages?

EDIT: And is restarting my computer required for the updates of mesa and xorg-video driver to take effect?

It's a good idea to think so since your graphics card gets loaded at boot.

Comment

• Hi, Fabio.

I just wanted to point out that KDE packages have been updated to 4.11.2 at Kubuntu's repo. It would be great if you could update your KDE-wayland repo any time.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
          Hi, Fabio.

I just wanted to point out that KDE packages have been updated to 4.11.2 at Kubuntu's repo. It would be great if you could update your KDE-wayland repo any time.

Regards
          Building now, thanks.

Comment

• 12.04 *ERROR* Invalid command stream

Hi!

I have huge rendering issuses with this PPA and ubuntu 12.04 on Radeon 4350 (discrete pci-e)
            Unity, steam and Source games are missing some/all textures.

Here is my dmesg http://paste.ubuntu.com/6218503/
            Probably kernel is too old.

Does this PPA work good with official 12.04 kernel, since PPA has support for 12.04? Do I need to get newer kernel myself (outside this PPA)?
            Might there just be some packages that I should remove?

btw: games that work, run much more faster then original.

Comment

• I realized i have kernel 3.8 in my default repo. Installing 3.8 solved problems.
              (btw, doesn't have this form edit for posts?)

Comment

• OpenGL 3.0 Ready For RadeonSI?

Hi,

First thank you for maintaining this ppa. I have a radeon 7870 (i.e. radeonsi) and I was wondering if you could update the llvm version for raring to to a more recent version (3.4 directly from git?). I would like to test if the openGL version does indeed go to 3.0 as stated in Phoronix (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQ1MjY) and if this fixes some of the bugs.

Thanks.

Comment

• LLVM dev API changes frequently and this will cause more build breakage, so I prefer to stick to the stable one. However final 3.4 should be released next month.

Comment

• Just want to say thanks for the PPA. I appreciate your work.

So far everything is running just fine~

Comment

• Originally posted by mj13 View Post
                      Hi,

First thank you for maintaining this ppa. I have a radeon 7870 (i.e. radeonsi) and I was wondering if you could update the llvm version for raring to to a more recent version (3.4 directly from git?). I would like to test if the openGL version does indeed go to 3.0 as stated in Phoronix (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQ1MjY) and if this fixes some of the bugs.

Thanks.
                      I have been building oibaf's ppa packages with llvm git (from llvm git ppa) for almost a month now. In order to do that you can set up two chroot environments (one for amd64, another for i386). You need to install the build dependencies as well as the llvm-3.4 packages and libtinfo-dev (I had to install this lib manually since it was not in the build-dep), edit the debian/rules contained inside the mesa tarball from oibaf's ppa in order to change llvm-config-3.3 to llvm-config-3.4 and dpkg-buildpackage the mesa packages.

This way I am enjoying OpenGL 3.0 on radeonsi.

Comment

Working...
                      X