Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deltat View Post
    Will you be able continue with Mesa for 11.04
    Most likely no, as I am losing interest in it.

for us Gnome 2 people?
    You may want to try Cinnamon (PPA).

Comment

• Re: intel_do_flush_locked failed: Invalid argument

Originally posted by thob View Post
      hello,

I ran into troubles since the last update with SweetHome3D ? a java-based 3D program

it crashes with this the error message

Code:
      thuxi@tux:~/Programm/SweetHome3D-3.4$ ./SweetHome3D
      Mesa: Initializing x86-64 optimizations
      Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_VALUE in glOrtho
      intel_do_flush_locked failed: Das Argument ist ung?ltig
      Is there anything I can do? I just recently switched to Linux.
      Hi,

I noticed that same problem as well under natty with stock kernel (mesa & intel drivers from oibaf). Because dmesg additionally shows
      "[drm:i915_gem_execbuffer_relocate_entry] *ERROR* Relocation beyond target object bounds: obj ffff8801f0bbbc00 target 1 delta 32769 size 32768.", I could trace it back to the mesa bug report and patches here: https://pokersource.info/show_bug.cgi?id=46766

I was wondering if one last natty package of mesa could be made available that includes this fix (i assume either 3d036f3f0aa7360c58d76b3f5114e1cf8c32260c or b2ace06cbbbb1021e2d7ace12a985c6406821939 commits--i don't understand that last `cherry-picking' comment at the bottom).

Thanks so much oibaf,
      Philipp

Comment

• Originally posted by thob View Post
        hello,

I ran into troubles since the last update with SweetHome3D ? a java-based 3D program

it crashes with this the error message

Code:
        thuxi@tux:~/Programm/SweetHome3D-3.4$ ./SweetHome3D
        Mesa: Initializing x86-64 optimizations
        Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_VALUE in glOrtho
        intel_do_flush_locked failed: Das Argument ist ung?ltig
        Is there anything I can do? I just recently switched to Linux.
        Hi,

I came across the same error under natty with stock kernel and latest mesa+xorg-intel drivers from oibaf. Additionally, I noticed that dmesg outputs a "915_gem_execbuffer_relocate_entry *ERROR* Relocation beyond target object bounds: obj ffff8801f0bbbc00 target 1 delta 32769 size 32768. I traced it back to the bug report and patch in https://pokersource.info/show_bug.cgi?id=46766.

Is there any chance that one last mesa could be released that includes those patches (either b2ace06cbbbb1021e2d7ace12a985c6406821939 or 3d036f3f0aa7360c58d76b3f5114e1cf8c32260c -- i don't understand that last comment at the bottom of the page).

Thanks so much oibaf!
        Philipp

Comment

• At some point, the environment variable R600_STREAMOUT=1 stopped working and now it is reporting OpenGL 2.1 again instead of 3.0 on r600g.

The variable to enable GLSL 1.30 still works.

Comment

• Originally posted by phitastic View Post
            Hi,

I came across the same error under natty with stock kernel and latest mesa+xorg-intel drivers from oibaf. Additionally, I noticed that dmesg outputs a "915_gem_execbuffer_relocate_entry *ERROR* Relocation beyond target object bounds: obj ffff8801f0bbbc00 target 1 delta 32769 size 32768. I traced it back to the bug report and patch in https://pokersource.info/show_bug.cgi?id=46766.

Is there any chance that one last mesa could be released that includes those patches (either b2ace06cbbbb1021e2d7ace12a985c6406821939 or 3d036f3f0aa7360c58d76b3f5114e1cf8c32260c -- i don't understand that last comment at the bottom of the page).

Thanks so much oibaf!
            Philipp
            Hi, that commit is indeed not included in the latest mesa for natty and oneiric. I stopped supporting them because they need newer dependencies which are not easy to backport from precise (precise/oneiric packages support multiarch, not available in natty, also many precise packages now use debhelper 9, not available in natty/oneiric). I'd suggest to upgrade to precise, remember also that natty will end of life in October.

Comment

• I pushed the new nouveau drivers to the precise PPA. radeonsi will have to wait (it requires llvm 3.1).

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                I pushed the new nouveau drivers to the precise PPA. radeonsi will have to wait (it requires llvm 3.1).
                so, in other words, there are support for the nvidia kepler tech but not for amd Southern Islands

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  Hi, that commit is indeed not included in the latest mesa for natty and oneiric. I stopped supporting them because they need newer dependencies which are not easy to backport from precise (precise/oneiric packages support multiarch, not available in natty, also many precise packages now use debhelper 9, not available in natty/oneiric). I'd suggest to upgrade to precise, remember also that natty will end of life in October.
                  Hi oibaf, cool, thanks for letting me know. If there's any chance to leave the natty/oneiric packakges with a version that includes this patch but does not have the dependencies you mentioned, that would be awesome... perhaps some git revision that is slightly more recent than what is in the repo right now.. would be much much appreciated. Perhaps you find the time...
                  best,
                  Philipp

Comment

• Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
                    At some point, the environment variable R600_STREAMOUT=1 stopped working and now it is reporting OpenGL 2.1 again instead of 3.0 on r600g.

The variable to enable GLSL 1.30 still works.
                    Same here on Ubuntu 12.04 (AMD 6570, 32-bit).

Comment

• OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS
                      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-6af4c90 precise-oibaf-ppa)
                      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                      oibaf, if you need more data from glxinfo tell me, I would like to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X