Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Hi,
    also do you plan enabling new "rusticl" OpenCL 3.0 driver on oibaf builds?
    (https://www.phoronix.com/news/Mesa-22.3-Rusticl-Merged) seems supports even images, never supported by Clover..
    Maybe next month.

Comment

• Okay, thanks for the hint. Yes I see now, package va-driver-all 2.14.0-1​ is installed but when I run vainfo libva 2.12.0 is declared.

So in the end this means that VA-API version 1.14 contains libva 2.12.0, - really confusing. Whatever, in this case I have just to wait until the va-driver-all package is updated by Ubuntu.

Comment

• Originally posted by lorn10 View Post
        Okay, thanks for the hint. Yes I see now, package va-driver-all 2.14.0-1​ is installed but when I run vainfo libva 2.12.0 is declared.

So in the end this means that VA-API version 1.14 contains libva 2.12.0, - really confusing. Whatever, in this case I have just to wait until the va-driver-all package is updated by Ubuntu.
        Probably the vainfo tool was built against libva 2.12 and the version string at built time was recorded, I don't think it matters...

Comment

• For the new year here follows now a short emergency help for the case that a faulty Mesa driver will break the system. Maybe this could be added at the oibaf PPA main page.

Okay, I ended up with a broken system and the steps to switch back to stock main Mesa was in my case:

Add the number 3, xforcevesa and eventually vga=791 to the boot parameters. So this will give:

Code:
          quiet splash 3 xforcevesa vga=791
          After that it should be possible to boot directly to the command prompt (CLI). Login with username and password and then execute the ppa-purge command:

Code:
          sudo ppa-purge ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
          Note, do NOT try this at the emergency console! This will not work and it will make the situation even worse. For a proper restore of stock Ubuntu Mesa an internet connection is necessary. Unfortunately ppa-purge is trying to purge the PPA also in offline mode which leads to a bigger mess in the way that some stuff is removed while the original stock Mesa is not restored. So don't try this when no Internet connection is present at OS level! Maybe that information should be also added at the oibaf PPA page.

Comment

• Hi, I'm trying to get my HP Pro C645 (Ryzen 7 3700C, Vega 10) to load Steam.

I've installed Crostini, and have loaded Steam (after fixing a few conflicting dependencies) however when I go to load the games, they're much slower than I'd expect.

I believe the above system should support Vulkan, however when I run
            Code:
            vulkaninfo --summary
            I get:

Code:
            WARNING: lavapipe is not a conformant vulkan implementation, testing use only.
            and

Code:
            Devices:
            ========
            GPU0:
            apiVersion = 4198582 (1.1.182)
            driverVersion = 1 (0x0001)
            vendorID = 0x10005
            deviceID = 0x0000
            deviceType = PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
            deviceName = llvmpipe (LLVM 11.0.1, 256 bits)
            driverID = DRIVER_ID_MESA_LLVMPIPE
            driverName = llvmpipe
            driverInfo = Mesa 21.2.6 (LLVM 11.0.1)
            also,

Code:
            inxi -G
            returns

Code:
             OpenGL:
            renderer: virgl (AMD RAVEN (LLVM 12.0.1 DRM 3.35 5.4.227-20159-g0ff...)
            v: 4.3 Mesa 23.1.0-devel (git-948f4e4 2023-02-09 jammy-oibaf-ppa)​
            I have loaded Crostini on to Ubuntu 22.04 on to the Chromebook

Since this is an onboard type graphics chip, is that the cause of my problems?

Does any of that make sense?

Comment

• oscar

Pushed updated mesa packages with rusticl as well as ray tracing on newer intel GPUs.

EDIT: non available on Ubuntu 22.04/jammy since it doesn't build.
              Last edited by oibaf; 07 March 2023, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Today has landed in mesa git lab this commits

anv: implement VK_EXT_graphics_pipeline_library​

also add feature for be possible use in dxvk

props->graphicsPipelineLibraryIndependentInterpolation De coration = true;
                anv: introduce a base graphics pipeline object

Pipeline libraries and linked pipelines will inherit from this. Signed-off-by: Lionel Landwerlin Reviewed-by: Emma Anholt Part-of:

anv: Only enable GPL if ANV_GPL=true, or if zink or DXVK are the engine.​

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/commit/647ca8165407fcdb2695917599a803f8b0c804bb​

Oibaf add newer driver and as result dxvk show this with my uhd 630:

Last edited by pinguinpc; 18 April 2023, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by krucifix85 View Post
                  Hi, I'm trying to get my HP Pro C645 (Ryzen 7 3700C, Vega 10) to load Steam.

I've installed Crostini, and have loaded Steam (after fixing a few conflicting dependencies) however when I go to load the games, they're much slower than I'd expect.

I believe the above system should support Vulkan, however when I run
                  Code:
                  vulkaninfo --summary
                  I get:

Code:
                  WARNING: lavapipe is not a conformant vulkan implementation, testing use only.
                  and

Code:
                  Devices:
                  ========
                  GPU0:
                  apiVersion = 4198582 (1.1.182)
                  driverVersion = 1 (0x0001)
                  vendorID = 0x10005
                  deviceID = 0x0000
                  deviceType = PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
                  deviceName = llvmpipe (LLVM 11.0.1, 256 bits)
                  driverID = DRIVER_ID_MESA_LLVMPIPE
                  driverName = llvmpipe
                  driverInfo = Mesa 21.2.6 (LLVM 11.0.1)
                  also,

Code:
                  inxi -G
                  returns

Code:
                   OpenGL:
                  renderer: virgl (AMD RAVEN (LLVM 12.0.1 DRM 3.35 5.4.227-20159-g0ff...)
                  v: 4.3 Mesa 23.1.0-devel (git-948f4e4 2023-02-09 jammy-oibaf-ppa)​
                  I have loaded Crostini on to Ubuntu 22.04 on to the Chromebook

Since this is an onboard type graphics chip, is that the cause of my problems?

Does any of that make sense?
                  Running crostini/ubuntu uses a virtualization technology based on LXC/LXD made by google. And currently it does not support any sort of gpu passthrough or gpu acceleration.
                  You will therefore not get access to the gpu or have accelerated graphics in it either.
                  source: https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...ssing-Features

Comment

• Any idea when we can expect d3d11 driver to make a comeback? I read someplace that it was removed due to ubuntu not having updated its directx headers, or something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by techsnot View Post
                      Any idea when we can expect d3d11 driver to make a comeback? I read someplace that it was removed due to ubuntu not having updated its directx headers, or something like that?
                      edit for typo: d3d12

Comment

Working...
                      X