Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verbose glxinfo

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    This is expected and it's not an error, it's just that gallium drivers don't support megadrivers.
    Ah! Ok. Thanks.

Comment

• Ok, after tinkering with it a bit, I think I can finally say that it's ready for people to test:

BLEEDIER, EDGIER Graphics Drivers

The primary purpose of this PPA is to provide the most up-to-date development snapshot of OpenCL support in the Mesa drivers. Bugs are being fixed and new cards are being supported every day in the LLVM and libCLC trunks, so this will give you a good idea of the state of open source OpenCL.

This requires you also have the oibaf PPA added to your sources as well, to install dependencies.

As always, the disclaimer is: this is an unstable development snapshot, so don't be surprised when things break.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor Nick View Post
        Ok, after tinkering with it a bit, I think I can finally say that it's ready for people to test:

BLEEDIER, EDGIER Graphics Drivers

The primary purpose of this PPA is to provide the most up-to-date development snapshot of OpenCL support in the Mesa drivers. Bugs are being fixed and new cards are being supported every day in the LLVM and libCLC trunks, so this will give you a good idea of the state of open source OpenCL.

This requires you also have the oibaf PPA added to your sources as well, to install dependencies.

As always, the disclaimer is: this is an unstable development snapshot, so don't be surprised when things break.
        Does this mean RadeonSI owners can now get OpenGL 3.3 support, which requires mesa to be compiled with LLVM 3.5? How about support for trusty?

Comment

• Originally posted by mmstick View Post
          Does this mean RadeonSI owners can now get OpenGL 3.3 support, which requires mesa to be compiled with LLVM 3.5? How about support for trusty?
          I suppose so? I haven't built trusty yet, but I'll implement it sometime this week.

Comment

• does anybody know if there is a plan to add GL_NV_vdpau_interop to the intel drivers capabilities?

once in the past it was possible to get VDPAU working with intel graphics.

Comment

• Google Chrome WebGL

Is anyone with intel Sandy Bridge having problem running Google Chrome with hardware accel on? Google Maps work fine for couple of seconds, or longer if I am moving the map very slow. Then it freezes, and not only browser, but whole desktop.

Some ten days ago I was having the same situation, but then at least Firefox worked great. Now, with FF, maps are starting only in light mode.

Comment

• Problems amd?

Comment

• Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
                  Is anyone with intel Sandy Bridge having problem running Google Chrome with hardware accel on? Google Maps work fine for couple of seconds, or longer if I am moving the map very slow. Then it freezes, and not only browser, but whole desktop.

Some ten days ago I was having the same situation, but then at least Firefox worked great. Now, with FF, maps are starting only in light mode.
                  i tried it with chromium available in ubuntu 13.10 repos and no problems so far and never observed anything with firefox (latest beta from mozilla ppa).

any idea how verify that hw accel is on or what ever it takes to make sure that i tested it with similar conditions?

Comment

• Originally posted by a user View Post
                    i tried it with chromium available in ubuntu 13.10 repos and no problems so far and never observed anything with firefox (latest beta from mozilla ppa).

any idea how verify that hw accel is on or what ever it takes to make sure that i tested it with similar conditions?
                    For FF Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Use hw accel when avail

For Chromium have no idea. Try installing Google Chrome, and go to Settings, show advanced settings, Use hardware acceleration when available.

Also, what I have noticed. The issue will sooner appear if I have lots of tabs (not really ~ 20 tabs in chrome.) open. I am also on 13.10 64 bit and i7-2600K Sandy, which I think has HD Graphics 3000.

EDIT:

It looks like one of the latest updates from oibaf repo has solved the issue for me : )).
                    Last edited by reCAPTCHA; 19 February 2014, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
                      For FF Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Use hw accel when avail

For Chromium have no idea. Try installing Google Chrome, and go to Settings, show advanced settings, Use hardware acceleration when available.

Also, what I have noticed. The issue will sooner appear if I have lots of tabs (not really ~ 20 tabs in chrome.) open. I am also on 13.10 64 bit and i7-2600K Sandy, which I think has HD Graphics 3000.

EDIT:

It looks like one of the latest updates from oibaf repo has solved the issue for me : )).
                      Woah no, please no Google Chrome. Especially when Chromium has hardware acceleration too.

i7-2600K does have a HD 3000.

Comment

Working...
                      X