Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ultij View Post
    Hello oibaf, are you planning to enable openmax in your builds for testing?
    Thanks!
    My card is not compatible and I cannot test, but if someone post a patch for the packages or tell me which built files are needed and where to put them I could add it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      I added the patch to the PPA (on both 13.10 and 14.04). Please test.
      Ok, it definitely works with
      Code:
      mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau:[B]deint=3[/B] -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
      on interlaced video, and
      Code:
      mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
      works great on progressive, but I'm getting a green screen on xbmc (on progressive and black screen on interlaced). But it's maybe something wrong with my system - I haven't tried it on clean install.
      (Also, there is a warning at xbmc.org by fritsch "Installation of the wsnipex repository which includes all relevant mesa patches in a stable version. Don't use oibaf ppa - it will produce black screens only.")
      Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanek View Post
        Ok, it definitely works with
        Code:
        mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau:[B]deint=3[/B] -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
        on interlaced video, and
        Code:
        mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
        works great on progressive, but I'm getting a green screen on xbmc (on progressive and black screen on interlaced). But it's maybe something wrong with my system - I haven't tried it on clean install.
        (Also, there is a warning at xbmc.org by fritsch "Installation of the wsnipex repository which includes all relevant mesa patches in a stable version. Don't use oibaf ppa - it will produce black screens only.")
        Thanks!
        I think that wsnipex PPA only added this patch more than my PPA, so the warning could be ignored. No idea about the green screen, try asking to xbmc people.

Comment

• So, it is in master now vl: add motion adaptive deinterlacer and st/vdpau: add support for DEINTERLACE_TEMPORAL

Comment

• Indeed. Before adding the patch to the PPA I asked Grigori, patch author, and he replied he planned to merge the patch sometime, even if the quality could still be improved. He was fast!

Comment

• Actually and currently what benefits on HD3850 AGP card installing this drivers?

I'm interested in hardware acceleration on flv (youtube) files and any kind of possible acceleration to improve capabilities on old but reliable hardware.
              Last edited by Azrael5; 15 February 2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Hi oibaf.I have a new problem.When I launch Dota 2 I have a black screen.I can't see nothing,only can hear the sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by celletus View Post
                  Hi oibaf.I have a new problem.When I launch Dota 2 I have a black screen.I can't see nothing,only can hear the sound.
                  Edit:Counter strike is working fine,I guess is a Dota 2 problem.I have opened an issue on dota 2 github.Thanks

Comment

• I tried compiling mesa on 14.04 with gcc address sanitize. It will be slower, but it may catch some bugs, I'll revert it after some testing.

Comment

• So, after much wrangling of tarballs and gnashing of teeth, I've finally got a ppa set up for:

1. LLVM dailies
                      2. LibCLC dailies
                      3. Oibaf's mesa releases

I had to use gross hacks for LLVM, since its daily debian builds wouldn't work with a launchpad recipe (basically, I set up a script to automatically wget the latest successful build from the llvm jenkins, and import them into my ppa).

The problem is, libclc and mesa won't automatically recompile when LLVM is updated in my PPA. This is bad news, since they're both linked with the llvm runtime. Does anyone know how to set it up so that both of these will automatically recompile?

Comment

Working...
                      X