Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmstick View Post
    Looks like that automatic build failed.
    It's looking the curaga branch breaks, disabled now and recompiling.

Comment

• As of the latest builds of the oibaf graphics stack, both Chrome and Chromium display flagrant graphical glitches whilst rendering pages; this occurs using the Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge drivers.

Any explanation as to why?

Comment

• Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
        As of the latest builds of the oibaf graphics stack, both Chrome and Chromium display flagrant graphical glitches whilst rendering pages; this occurs using the Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge drivers.

I have the same results with Spotify. Which uses chromium in it's Discovery overview.
        It happens I think 2 days ago.
        Using kernel v3.13 from ubuntu PPA, up-to-date drivers from oibaf, Intel haswell I3-4330.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          It's looking the curaga branch breaks, disabled now and recompiling.
          Refreshed stats-rebased a while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
            As of the latest builds of the oibaf graphics stack, both Chrome and Chromium display flagrant graphical glitches whilst rendering pages; this occurs using the Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge drivers.

Brandon sent this to me: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73978

Comment

• kind of stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer via searching the www ...so, can I upgrade my current mesa/ati driver without rebooting my system? (I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 Gnome, if that matters)

Comment

• Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                kind of stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer via searching the www ...so, can I upgrade my current mesa/ati driver without rebooting my system? (I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 Gnome, if that matters)
                You can update the ddx (x driver) and mesa without rebooting, you just have to stop X and 3D apps for the new versions to take effect. For kernel updates, you pretty much have to reboot.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  I don't know why he thinks it is flash related. It happens also if one disables flash in chrome://plugins. Also, I was not aware there is a flash content in gmail.com and plus.google.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    You can update the ddx (x driver) and mesa without rebooting, you just have to stop X and 3D apps for the new versions to take effect. For kernel updates, you pretty much have to reboot.
                    ah, great thanks!

Comment

• Eek! I just updated to the latest, and VMWare Player now black-screen glitches out on me shortly after my Windows 7 VM boots. I know the OS is running fine (sound fx, shutdown/startup screens, runs w/o hardware acceleration), I just can't see anything.

Anybody know what version was good (i.e. before the Chrome glitches)? And how to explicitly downgrade to that version?

Comment

Working...
                      X