No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only explanation I can think of is that you have some other patches that delete those files, since they exist in master.

Here's a concatenated patch, created by "git diff master..stats6": http://pastebin.ca/2534025

Comment

• Hello. Oibaf, awesome work on the ppa. Nothing but a smooth ride for the most part.
      However, yesterday compiz and 3d applications such as Left4Dead 2 native began failing after
      updating the drivers. The problem was solved by purging the ppa.

On reboot, compiz and bfaedemon (or sth like that) would fail to start altogether until I purged ppa from
      the terminal.

The hardware is ati radeon 5xxx. Let me know if there's something I can do to help further locate the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by arstyl View Post
        Hello. Oibaf, awesome work on the ppa. Nothing but a smooth ride for the most part.
        However, yesterday compiz and 3d applications such as Left4Dead 2 native began failing after
        updating the drivers. The problem was solved by purging the ppa.

On reboot, compiz and bfaedemon (or sth like that) would fail to start altogether until I purged ppa from
        the terminal.

The hardware is ati radeon 5xxx. Let me know if there's something I can do to help further locate the problem.

This also started happening to me after the latest update from the ppa. compiz crash and bamfdaemon crashed with signal 5 in _XReply() .
        So I did as arstyl and purged the ppa for now.

My video card is HD5850.

Comment

• I just pushed an update without curaga stats6 branch ( the only yesterday change), it will be ready in a hour.

@curaga: do you have an idea on what's happening?

Comment

• I'm afraid not, I haven't had any crashes, and it's valgrind clean. Anyone get a backtrace?

Comment

• Thanks to Florian for sending a backtrace. Compiz was causing a vertex buffer to be NULL, even though the logic above should prevent it. Fixed in the latest commit.

Comment

• We have independent confirmation that the crash is fixed.

Comment

• Is the fix effective also on radeonsi?

(BTW I found out why the clover/core dir was missing. In the case of no git merge I was copying the files with rsync -C, this option should avoid copying some cvs/git/... dir, however the manual page says it also excludes core items, so this legitimate dir was omitted.)

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    Is the fix effective also on radeonsi?
                    The bug only affected r600g, si users weren't affected AFAIK.

Comment

• OK, I enabled it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X