Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    What do you mean exactly? In the past I added some patches (e.g. NV_VDPAU_interop) or merged whole branches before they were merged. I can add something if it can be useful, it has low regression risk and and it isn't too intrusive.
    it would be great to add that for intel drivers if possible. i really miss the vdpau deinterlacing methods in xmc since i switched to intel.

Comment

• It looks like one of the changes in the libdrm package actually broke things on my system. I haven't had a ton of time to look into this, but I didn't see anything really indicative of the problem in dmesg, Xorg.0.log, or syslog. Upon upgrading packages though, the system would boot and then hang after adding swap when it switches over to begin starting Xwindows (this is on Ubuntu 13.10, kernel 3.12.2-ck1, Radeon 7870 graphics). Downgrading all libdrm related packages (libdrm2, libdrm-dev, libdrm-radeon, etc.) back down to 2.4.49 appears to work fine even with rest of the packages being updated. I did have previous issues as well where hardware-based rendering would not work, as I have a 7870 and a 7850 in my system (XDM/GDM would start, but after logging it, I'd just get a black screen with graphical corruption and/or a cursor no matter what I'd try), but after claiming the 7850 by pci-stub, hardware-based rendering appears to work fine on the 7870. Currently, with all packages upgraded from your PPA, except libdrm packages as previously mentioned, I'm showing the following:

root@MainDesktop1:~# glxinfo | grep OpenGL
      OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN
      OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-79e6512 saucy-oibaf-ppa)
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
      OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
      OpenGL core profile extensions:
      OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-79e6512 saucy-oibaf-ppa)
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
      OpenGL context flags: (none)
      OpenGL extensions:

Not sure if anybody else experienced issues wth the upgrade to libdrm 2.4.50, but figured I'd throw this out there. I should have time this weekend to assist with additional troubleshooting if needed.

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      I am now providing llvm 3.4-rc2 packages in the PPA, with mesa built against it. Radeonsi users should now get OpenGL 3+ rather than 2.1. Please test.

Comment

• It breaks XBMC, white screen when I try to play any video.

Comment

• Latest update broke something, cause as soon as my Mint 16 Kernel 3.13 R3 boots, the screen freezes. Have to get in with software rendering. Radeon HD 4250 with HD 5470 hyrid laptop.

Comment

• Nope, turns out the 3.13 R3 kernel I installed really sucks. Not this drivers fault.

Comment

• Is there any way to use LLVM shader compiler with R600 driver? Or LLVM support only built-in for RadeonSI?

I'm use CAYMAN/HD6950 GPU.

Comment

• Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                Is there any way to use LLVM shader compiler with R600 driver?
                I could enable r600 llvm support but it will be enabled by default and since it's possibly buggy someone will complain. Best would be if mesa developers could make it disabled by default when compiled in and only enabled with an env variable. This way I could enable it and who want to try it could set the env var.

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                Or LLVM support only built-in for RadeonSI?
                I don't know what you mean here.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  I could enable r600 llvm support but it will be enabled by default and since it's possibly buggy someone will complain.
                  Thanks for answer, it's exactly what I want to know.

Comment

• update from today broke again the packages libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libglapi-mesa:i386.

just for your knowledge.

Comment

• Does anyone can tell me when I will finally be enabled DPM radeon RS780 chipset? hd3200

Thanks in advance for the information.

Comment

Working...
                      X