Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a user View Post
    first, thanks oibaf, i see now core profile of 3.3 with my i3 haswell.

finally i even can run the uniigen heaven benchmark, ... though it is all white. yes, when the actuall rd demo runs (or benchmark) the whole screen is just plain white, except for the gui elements (buttons, configuration dialog etc.). the 3d rendering is just plain white.

anybody an idea?
    I am on radeonsi (different driver) but my system renders Heaven and even Valley perfectly (I need the MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 args though). Do you have libtxc-dxtn installed?

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
      I am on radeonsi (different driver) but my system renders Heaven and even Valley perfectly (I need the MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 args though). Do you have libtxc-dxtn installed?
      those overrides have no effect.

i have libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 installed.

Comment

• Hi,

Thanks for the driver updates. I think there is still something wrong with the drivers. there are now two opengl versions reported by glxinfo. One is 3.0 with glsl 1.3 and the other one is 3.3 with glsl 3.3(should be 1.5 i think). I tried running unigine heaven and linux version of doom 3 bfg edition and they do not work. In both cases shaders do not get compiled.

Here is my glxinfo:
        http://www.pasteall.org/47210/bash

Doom errors:
        http://www.pasteall.org/47211

Unigine errors:
        http://www.pasteall.org/47212

Comment

• Hi,

Thanks for the builds olibaf. even now that mesa is reporting gl 3.3 on iwy bridge, there is still something wrong with the intel graphics. I tried running Linux build of Doom 3 BFG and Unigine Heaven and in both cases shaders do not get compiled. I am currently doing some school work in LWJGL and my program that is using oppen gl 3.2 is not working with this build either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dzony.Kalafut View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for the builds olibaf. even now that mesa is reporting gl 3.3 on iwy bridge, there is still something wrong with the intel graphics. I tried running Linux build of Doom 3 BFG and Unigine Heaven and in both cases shaders do not get compiled. I am currently doing some school work in LWJGL and my program that is using oppen gl 3.2 is not working with this build either.
            is this related to the issue i mentioned above?

i have the whole screen rendered in plain white when running the unigine demo/benchmark.

Comment

• Originally posted by a user View Post
              is this related to the issue i mentioned above?

i have the whole screen rendered in plain white when running the unigine demo/benchmark.
              yes i have white screen in unigine too. If you run it from terminal you can see shader compilation errors being printed out.

Comment

• Only for fun.
                nothing serious.
                But I'm missing something here?

"...
                DISPLAY=:0.1 LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so firefox
                /bin/sh: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Dispatch
                ..."

"...
                nash@nash:~$ DRI_PRIME=1 VDPAU_DRIVER=radeonsi vdpauinfo
                display: :0 screen: 0
                EE ../../../../../../src/gallium/drivers/radeonsi/radeonsi_pipe.c:184 r600_create_context - Unsupported chip class 6.
                Segmentation fault
                nash@nash:~$ VDPAU_DRIVER=radeonsi DRI_PRIME=1 vdpauinfo
                display: :0 screen: 0
                EE ../../../../../../src/gallium/drivers/radeonsi/radeonsi_pipe.c:184 r600_create_context - Unsupported chip class 6.
                Segmentation fault
                ..."

Latest ubuntu 13.10 and oibaf ppa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dzony.Kalafut View Post
                  yes i have white screen in unigine too. If you run it from terminal you can see shader compilation errors being printed out.
                  oh, indeed

Comment

• Updated but not much changed on my side :

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
                    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
                    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel
                    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                    OpenGL context flags: (none)
                    OpenGL extensions:

but might be related either to the distribution (mint15) or the hardware (hd3000).
                    Does anyone else have hd3000 running properly on openGL3.2 ?
                    L.

Comment

• For those with white screen issues: I'd be very interested, if it works with my mesa packages from https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/test

They are built with llvm-3.4 and also include DRI3 support. Raring and Saucy packages available.

Comment

Working...
                      X