Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    I uploaded a xorg version which should fix the Intel issues and hopefully enable OpenGL 3.3, please test.

Also I disabled updating packages for 12.04 and 12.10, and I'll also remove all the packages on the PPA soon.
    Wait, why would you disable updates for 12.04 LTS and 12.10 when they're not EOL until for another good 5-8 months?

Can you please not drop support for these two ubuntu releases just yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
      Wait, why would you disable updates for 12.04 LTS and 12.10 when they're not EOL until for another good 5-8 months?
      Because I am providing this for free in my free time, I am now only personally interested in 13.10, nobody is willing to sponsor the work needed to support old releases and anyway if someone really want to use experimental drivers could upgrade to latest version which offer a better base.

Comment

Because I am providing this for free in my free time, I am now only personally interested in 13.10, nobody is willing to sponsor the work needed to support old releases and anyway if someone really want to use experimental drivers could upgrade to latest version which offer a better base.
        I see.... Okay, I respect your choice.

But the truth is that 13.10 is still buggy and there are a lot more who still use the previous releases (especially 12.04 and 12.10), and 13.04 is EOL in Jan....

Anyways thanks for the update and providing this PPA, I guess I'll look into using Raring packages on Quantal.

Comment

• I am using a i5-3320M CPU with i5-3320M CPU with a HD4000. Is OpenGL 3.2 already supported for that model? The output of glxinfo states that I still use OpenGL 3.0. Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
            I am using a i5-3320M CPU with i5-3320M CPU with a HD4000. Is OpenGL 3.2 already supported for that model? The output of glxinfo states that I still use OpenGL 3.0. Any ideas?
            Which Ubuntu version do you use?

Comment

• Here you go:
              arch@8470p:~$ lsb_release -a
              No LSB modules are available.
              Distributor ID: Ubuntu
              Description: Ubuntu 13.10
              Release: 13.10
              Codename: saucy
              arch@8470p:~$ uname -a
              Linux 8470p 3.11.0-13-generic #20-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 23 07:38:26 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

• @oibaf:

As i am stuck on 13.04 because of other packages (ROS). Do you think i could use the packages for 13.10 ?
                If so which Xserver packages would i need to install?

Thank you in advance.

bajo

Comment

I uploaded a xorg version which should fix the Intel issues and hopefully enable OpenGL 3.3, please test.

Also I disabled updating packages for 12.04 and 12.10, and I'll also remove all the packages on the PPA soon.
                  Should this work on 13.04 ?
                  Because i can not move to 13.10 and have problems with my i5-4200U.

Thank you for your work.

bajo

Comment

I have an Intel ci5 2405s cpu and would like some feedback as to the resolution for the render ring errors. I haven't seen anyone say that it is fixed but more like it is better.
                    Thanks

Comment

• first, thanks oibaf, i see now core profile of 3.3 with my i3 haswell.

finally i even can run the uniigen heaven benchmark, ... though it is all white. yes, when the actuall rd demo runs (or benchmark) the whole screen is just plain white, except for the gui elements (buttons, configuration dialog etc.). the 3d rendering is just plain white.

anybody an idea?

Comment

Working...
                      X