No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disabled Ubuntu MIR on Intel maybe it broke. Try the current packages.

If that still doesn't fix your problem please try the xorg-server package from here: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/test/ I backported the megadriver patch some days ago but it only build on x86-64, failing on i386.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      I disabled Ubuntu MIR on Intel maybe it broke. Try the current packages.

If that still doesn't fix your problem please try the xorg-server package from here: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/test/ I backported the megadriver patch some days ago but it only build on x86-64, failing on i386.
      if that was ment to fix the wrong opengl version then it didn't worked. though, i didn't tried the new xorg-server packages you mentioned.

i wonder if there is anybody having opengl 3.2 with intel hd grahics?

Comment

• due to the suggestion of matst88 (http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...089#post369089) i wanted to try out your xserver test version and added your repository from above.

it can't be installed on ubuntu saucy due to broken/missing dependencies:
        Code:
        Die folgenden Pakete sind zur?ckgehalten worden:
          xserver-xephyr xserver-xorg-core
        0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 2 nicht aktualisiert.
        costin@htpc:~/Downloads/Unigine_Heaven-4.0$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-core
        xserver-xorg-core      xserver-xorg-core-dbg  
        costin@htpc:~/Downloads/Unigine_Heaven-4.0$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-core
        Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
        Abh?ngigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.       
        Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
        Einige Pakete konnten nicht installiert werden. Das kann bedeuten, dass
        Sie eine unm?gliche Situation angefordert haben oder, wenn Sie die
        Unstable-Distribution verwenden, dass einige erforderliche Pakete noch
        nicht erstellt wurden oder Incoming noch nicht verlassen haben.
        Die folgenden Informationen helfen Ihnen vielleicht, die Situation zu l?sen:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerf?llte Abh?ngigkeiten:
         xserver-xorg-core : H?ngt ab von: xserver-common (>= 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s) aber 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2 soll installiert werden
        E: Probleme k?nnen nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zur?ckgehaltene defekte Pakete.

Comment

• Originally posted by a user View Post
          due to the suggestion of matst88 (http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...089#post369089) i wanted to try out your xserver test version and added your repository from above.

it can't be installed on ubuntu saucy due to broken/missing dependencies:
          Code:
          Die folgenden Pakete haben unerf?llte Abh?ngigkeiten:
           xserver-xorg-core : H?ngt ab von: xserver-common (>= 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s) aber 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2 soll installiert werden
          E: Probleme k?nnen nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zur?ckgehaltene defekte Pakete.
          This is because xserver-common is a common package built on i386 but also used on amd64, and the i386 version failed to build so the package is not available anywhere. Please file a request to Ubuntu asking to patch xorg to backport that patch that is useful to anyone trying mesa 10 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...erver/+filebug.

Or wait me for fixing some way the package building on i386, but don't expect it anytime soon .

Comment

• damn it

anyhow, thank you for the info.

Comment

• Just updated mesa (atm it was updated to commit 110009302bddb4c42a5b3ed5ca451d6bb50a06a0 in your ppa)

I'm curious, how come you removed the oibaf tag in glxinfo OpenGL version string? Not complaining, just surprised that you decided to remove it and want to know the reason for doing so.

Code:
              a-young@Akaigo-Arc:~$  glxinfo | grep Open
              OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR
              OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel
              OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
              OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
              OpenGL core profile extensions:
              [B]OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel[/B]
              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
              OpenGL context flags: (none)
              OpenGL extensions:

Comment

• Hi guys! I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 and have some issue: i have to run all applications (well, ok, games) with DRI_PRIME=1 option. And i have no mouse cursor in this case. No any single game with cursor. And w\o this option everything is fine (except performance, of course). So, the question is: any solution to make a cursor appear?

Comment

• Updates

I uploaded a xorg version which should fix the Intel issues and hopefully enable OpenGL 3.3, please test.

Also I disabled updating packages for 12.04 and 12.10, and I'll also remove all the packages on the PPA soon.

Comment

• Thanks Oibaf, I'll give it a go this evening.
                    I'll let you know how it goes.
                    Thanks for the support !
                    L.

Comment

• working

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                      I uploaded a xorg version which should fix the Intel issues and hopefully enable OpenGL 3.3, please test.

Also I disabled updating packages for 12.04 and 12.10, and I'll also remove all the packages on the PPA soon.
                      core profile is now opengl 3.3 with ivy ;p ty and good work

Comment

Working...
                      X