Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well, something has changed for the worse on this issue. A few days ago, after updating the drivers and kernel (I'm using daily builds from here) the desktop still freezing randomly, but now every time I open Steam this problem occurs, as if it had a trigger that fires it. Perhaps this program uses a feature that, due to recent changes in the code, has suffered a decline. So it may be possible to know the cause of the error.

    Anyway, I think the problem is not due to DPM because now I'm not using it and the errors persist.

    Comment


    • GLAMOR on intel (13.04 only)

      I also added optional (default is still SNA) glamor support on intel.

      Comment


      • Problem in 3.12?

        I can't edit my previous message so I'll create a new one.

        I said before Steam triggers the errors. Well, I went back to kernel 3.11.3 and this issue disappeared so in 3.12 there is a bug or something like that. I don't know if the random freezes also are solved because I just installed the previous kernel and I couldn't test it enough.

        Comment


        • I was getting the whole wm freeze up immediately after logging into my Openbox desktops and had to switch console to reinstall the last working debs. There was nothing in any of the system logfiles and disabling things like conky and compton (the compositor) didn't resolve anything.

          Through trial and error I traced a regression caused by the 'winsys/radeon: remove cs_queue_empty' commit from Sept 22. Doing a git revert -n 0653c66ef40ac553f91b29bbda7f59f7ce6948fa and recompiling fixed the issue for me.

          I was using the latest 32-bit ubuntu mainline kernel and the freezes happened on a laptop with a Mobility Radeon HD 4530/4570 and also on a desktop with an X850 XT. I haven't yet had a chance to see if the desktop machine works with the above solution, but both machines were previously in sync and went wrong with the same update (the set that was released on Sept 23).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by berkley View Post
            I was getting the whole wm freeze up immediately after logging into my Openbox desktops and had to switch console to reinstall the last working debs. There was nothing in any of the system logfiles and disabling things like conky and compton (the compositor) didn't resolve anything.

            Through trial and error I traced a regression caused by the 'winsys/radeon: remove cs_queue_empty' commit from Sept 22. Doing a git revert -n 0653c66ef40ac553f91b29bbda7f59f7ce6948fa and recompiling fixed the issue for me.

            I was using the latest 32-bit ubuntu mainline kernel and the freezes happened on a laptop with a Mobility Radeon HD 4530/4570 and also on a desktop with an X850 XT. I haven't yet had a chance to see if the desktop machine works with the above solution, but both machines were previously in sync and went wrong with the same update (the set that was released on Sept 23).
            You should report the bug here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              Have you any idea what I should choose as the Component?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                Have you any idea what I should enter as the Component?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by berkley View Post
                  Have you any idea what I should enter as the Component?
                  Drivers/Gallium/r600.

                  Comment


                  • I notice that there are some updates for several of the packages, where can I read the changelog/updatelog of these chages?

                    EDIT: And is restarting my computer required for the updates of mesa and xorg-video driver to take effect?
                    Last edited by Bushido_root; 10-05-2013, 12:07 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
                      I notice that there are some updates for several of the packages, where can I read the changelog/updatelog of these chages?

                      EDIT: And is restarting my computer required for the updates of mesa and xorg-video driver to take effect?
                      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/
                      It's a good idea to think so since your graphics card gets loaded at boot.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X