Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    @jsa1983

Thanks, the updated kde-workspace packages are building now in a new PPA, see the notes I added at https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/graphics-drivers

If they build fine (try in a hour) adding this PPA should make kde 4.11 properly work again. This will break again however if/when kubuntu PPA updates this package, so let me know and I'll do a rebuild again.
    Thank you so much! KDE usually does minor point releases on a monthly basis. I will tell you when they get updated. In any case, I think I will try to open a bug in their bugtracker in order to suggest them a dependency on libwayland0 | libwayland-client0, which I think should solve the dependency problem.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
      Thank you so much! KDE usually does minor point releases on a monthly basis. I will tell you when they get updated. In any case, I think I will try to open a bug in their bugtracker in order to suggest them a dependency on libwayland0 | libwayland-client0, which I think should solve the dependency problem.

Regards
      The source package just depends on libwayland-dev, depending on the version the right package is used. I am not sure if it possible to use libwayland0 | libwayland-client0, but maybe it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudig View Post
        Ah, I did a

Code:
        sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
        sudo apt-get install -f
        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-cursor0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        and it seems to install fine.
        Ok works good. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
          I use raring (Xubuntu), these drivers, and I'm on Norther Island hardware (7660G + 7670M). I also installed the xorg glamor package (and dependencies).

Here's my xorg.conf:
          Code:
          Section "Module"
                  Load "dri2"
                  Load "glamoregl"
          EndSection

Section "Device"
                  Identifier "radeon"
                  Driver "radeon"
                  Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
          EndSection
          And my Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=LQFfrqKF

But after I reboot after setting my xorg.conf to use Glamor, I'm presented only with a black screen, with a mouse pointer on it. It's almost as if Xfce isn't loading fully or something.

Just a quick question though about the Device section. Would I need to add another device section and somehow specify both devices in a dual graphics setup for glamor? Or does the Device section cover all devices?

And also a general question; if I start 3D applications with DRI_PRIME=1 (my dGPU), they don't actually show anything at all if I have Xfce set to use no composting. If I enable composting though, the applications show up. Any ideas why, or what I could do to fix this (I don't want composting; I only want performance essentially)

[ 22.728] (==) RADEON(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
          [ 22.728] (II) RADEON(0): Pixel depth = 24 bits stored in 4 bytes (32 bpp pixmaps)
          [ 22.728] (==) RADEON(0): Default visual is TrueColor
          [ 22.728] (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
          [ 22.728] (==) RADEON(0): RGB weight 888
          [ 22.728] (II) RADEON(0): Using 8 bits per RGB (8 bit DAC)
          [ 22.728] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "CAICOS" (ChipID = 0x6779)
          [ 22.728] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
          [ 22.728] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
          [ 22.728] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
          [ 22.728] (EE) RADEON(0): glamor requires Load "glamoregl" in Section "Module", disabling.
          [ 22.728] (II) Loading sub module "exa"

hi, how enable glamor????

Comment

• Ok glamor start with kubuntu 13.04 , but rendering windows (only kde) works bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincenzov View Post
              Ok glamor start with kubuntu 13.04 , but rendering windows (only kde) works bad.
              Hi, Vincenzov. What compositor backend are you using? I am using OpenGL 2.0 with raster and although I occasionally see some corruption on windows, it only happens on few ocassions and (and it seems that only with certain programs such as the KDE sytem settings screen and gwenview) it can be corrected by minimizing and restoring the windows. I would suggest that you try that compositor backend if you're not already using it.

Regards

Comment

• Opengl , with shader opengl 2.0
                Native.

after i try opengl2.0 and raster

difference from raster and native???

Comment

• OK work good opengl 2.0 and raster, for video i use gl_tiled with mplayer. Now i try use radeon 7750.

Comment

Opengl , with shader opengl 2.0
                    Native.

after i try opengl2.0 and raster

difference from raster and native???
                    Not sure about the difference, but when the Steam linux client was published I remember there was a recommendation to run KDE with raster. Otherwise Steam menus would not show correctly. I am not sure if that was corrected but in any case with radeonsi native gives quite a lot of glitches, at least for me.

On the other hand, I am quite happy with OpenGL 2.0 raster.

Regards

Comment

OK work good opengl 2.0 and raster, for video i use gl_tiled with mplayer. Now i try use radeon 7750.
                      Out of curiosity, why don't you use vdpau UVD with mplayer? It works great for me. You need to edit ~/.mplayer/config in order to add the following (or replace the existing configuration you may have regarding video output -vo- and video codec -vc-):

Code:
                      vo=vdpau,
                      vc=ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,
                      The final commas are important and must be kept.
                      Last edited by jsa1983; 19 September 2013, 11:05 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                      X