No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu is not up-to-date distro too much. Especially when you install 3-days-old-kernel

RadeonSI driver works for many apps/games, but many features is still missing.

best regards

Comment

• This ppa resolves all the up-to-date issues by itself. By many I assume you mean pretty much none because I've never been able to get radeonsi to have acceptable performance in anything more than a simple 2D indie game, which is barely passable. Source games are still unplayable because all of the text on the main menu in CSS, DODS, TF2, Portal, L4D2, etc. you name it is corrupted. As soon as you launch a map/game it crashes to desktop.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmstick View Post
        This ppa resolves all the up-to-date issues by itself. By many I assume you mean pretty much none because I've never been able to get radeonsi to have acceptable performance in anything more than a simple 2D indie game, which is barely passable. Source games are still unplayable because all of the text on the main menu in CSS, DODS, TF2, Portal, L4D2, etc. you name it is corrupted. As soon as you launch a map/game it crashes to desktop.
        Check if your bugs are already reported:

else report it yourself if you want to see them fixed.

Comment

• From the looks of it, it has already been reported here that radeonsi is completely broken, crashes when launching a game, and font is corrupted.

Comment

• Any plans for Ubu 13.10 early support?

Comment

• No plan, Ubuntu should provide official packages updates during development of 13.10.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                No plan, Ubuntu should provide official packages updates during development of 13.10.
                Raring is last Ubu You will support?

Comment

• Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                  Raring is last Ubu You will support?
                  I mean I don't plan to provide saucy packages before official 13.10.

Anyway lately I am a lot busier than before (13.04 packages were ready some weeks after official release) so I won't promise I'll be able to provide 13.10 packages...

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    I mean I don't plan to provide saucy packages before official 13.10.

Anyway lately I am a lot busier than before (13.04 packages were ready some weeks after official release) so I won't promise I'll be able to provide 13.10 packages...
                    Can I somehow grab spec packages/files for raring? (So that I can change/adjust it for 13.10)
                    Last edited by przemoli; 31 July 2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• VDPAU won't work for Radeon in decoding H.264

Hey guys, I've just installed the updated drivers (inclduing libg3dvl-mesa) as well as kernel 3.10.4, but when I run vdpauinfo it says the driver is only capable of decoding MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Any idea why this might be?

Comment

Working...
                      X