Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badalloc with SNA and xserver-xorg-intel

Hi,

the last version of your intel PPA really boost the performances but give me this error in glxinfo

X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
    Serial number of failed request: 22
    Current serial number in output stream: 25

Thus some app do not works (ie. Google-Earth Glxgears)

My video card is:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)

My box:
    Xubuntu 12.04 i386 NON-PAE
    Tried with both with official kernel 3.2.0-33-generic and kernel compiled by me 3.6.3-vanilla
    Last edited by dentaku65; 27 October 2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Found a workaround

Originally posted by dentaku65 View Post
      Hi,

the last version of your intel PPA really boost the performances but give me this error in glxinfo

I found a workaround to Badalloc issue on 3d accell; I put inside .bashrc file this string:
      Code:
      export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
      Save and reboot

Now everything "seems" to work correctly

by

Comment

• Found a workaround

Originally posted by dentaku65 View Post
        Hi,

Hi again,
        found a workaround; putting this value:
        Code:
        export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
        on .bashrc file, saving and reboot, seems that fix the issue.

by

Comment

• You are right, there was a package left over after purging xorg-edgers, I had to downgrade it manually and all is fine now.

Comment

• Yu may want to try the packages I just uploaded, if it still doesn't work you should file a bug with mesa as reported in the first post.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              Yu may want to try the packages I just uploaded, if it still doesn't work you should file a bug with mesa as reported in the first post.
              The problem is still there; new packages without "export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1" string in .bashrc I get executing glxinfo:

name of display: :0.0

I try to fill the bug in Mesa

thx

Comment

• Originally posted by dentaku65 View Post
                The problem is still there; new packages without "export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1" string in .bashrc I get executing glxinfo:

name of display: :0.0

I try to fill the bug in Mesa

thx
                You may also want to try to purge the PPA (see Revert to original drivers at https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/graphics-drivers/ this should always be done before upgrading to a newer Ubuntu) and reinstall it.

Comment

• cant get almost any game in wine.... ati 1600 with r300 driver

Mesa warning: couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn compression/decompression unavailable
                  r300: DRM version: 2.22.0, Name: ATI RV530, ID: 0x71c5, GB: 1, Z: 2
                  r300: GART size: 509 MB, VRAM size: 128 MB
                  r300: AA compression RAM: YES, Z compression RAM: YES, HiZ RAM: YES
                  Mesa warning: couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn compression/decompression unavailable
                  fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x195f200,0x00000000), stub!
                  X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
                  Major opcode of failed request: 10 (X_UnmapWindow)
                  Resource id in failed request: 0x5800001
                  Serial number of failed request: 110
                  Current serial number in output stream: 113
                  lolren@lolren-iMac:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Serious Sam 2/Bin$ \

why libxtc could not be opened? kubuntu 12.10 user here 10x

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    You may also want to try to purge the PPA (see Revert to original drivers at https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/graphics-drivers/ this should always be done before upgrading to a newer Ubuntu) and reinstall it.
                    Hi oibaf,
                    no the last version, at least the one available yesterday, crash my box (Xubuntu 12.04); the panel of Xfce was missing, the cursor was missing and the desktop was strangely "opaque"; I've purged your PPA and reverted intel driver with Ubuntu repos; at the moment I've installed these drivers https://launchpad.net/~glasen/+archive/intel-driver in order to be able to use SNA features (anyway even those works only with "export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1" entry in .bashrc on my box)

thx

Comment

• when you use Ubuntu to select the gallium/non-gallium drivers as default? I prefer to compile a snapshot on my own, but basically a nice idea. How do you build the 32 bit mesa libs for a 64 bit system? Since llvm is forced i could not build em...
                      Last edited by Michael504; 31 October 2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X