Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oibaf
    Question, are there any plans to switch to the current LLVM point release? (As of April 2023 the oibaf builds still use LLVM 15.0.7.)

Stable version is at the moment LLVM 16.0.2 which may include also some improvements for old TeraScale based Radeon GPUs.

Comment

• Originally posted by lorn10 View Post
      oibaf
      Question, are there any plans to switch to the current LLVM point release? (As of April 2023 the oibaf builds still use LLVM 15.0.7.)

Stable version is at the moment LLVM 16.0.2 which may include also some improvements for old TeraScale based Radeon GPUs.
      It currently still fails to build on some archs, maybe later.

Comment

• Again a short addition, - LLVM 16.0.5 was released at the beginning of June 2023. And there were again resolved a whole bunch of smaller issues...

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post

Pushed updated mesa packages with rusticl as well as ray tracing on newer intel GPUs.

EDIT: non available on Ubuntu 22.04/jammy since it doesn't build.
          Question, exist there in the meantime any chance that rusticl could be also included for Ubuntu 22.04/jammy?

Or is it simply too old?

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            oscar

Pushed updated mesa packages with rusticl as well as ray tracing on newer intel GPUs.

EDIT: non available on Ubuntu 22.04/jammy since it doesn't build.
            thanks! tested rusticl long time ago, but forgot to say thanks!

anyway since a few days we aren't getting new oibaf builds..
            I'm interested in checking features landed last days like:
            *radv fragment interlock
            *rusticl cl_khr_fp16 experimental support
            to finish:
            also seems soon we will have merged av1 libva encode support:
            This MR adds support for AV1 encode in the d3d12 gallium driver. There's a separate commit extending the frontend/va AV1 encode component to support some more parameters D3D12...

would be nice if you can update to DirectX Agility SDK preview 1.711.3​ headers for it to work..

for me no pressure but seems latest LLVM 16.0 release is out 16.0.6 so maybe time to switch to LLVM 16.0..
            thanks for your work..

Comment

• Yes, thanks for the confirmation oscar. I can also confirm (for 22.04 LTS) that there are no new oibaf builds available since several days.

At first I thought that this is a problem on my system but it looks that something is not working at the oibaf PPA. Whatever, I will be patient​ and hope that this can be fixed in the near future.

Comment

• oibaf hi i seeking ppa for lastest driver but last 2 days dont can provide i386 and in ppa show this:

Dependency wait on lcy02-amd64-045
                • Missing build dependencies: libllvmspirvlib-15-dev
                thanks

Comment

Again a short addition, - LLVM 16.0.5 was released at the beginning of June 2023. And there were again resolved a whole bunch of smaller issues...
                  I tried using llvm 16 but I get some build failures and I don't have time to go into detail, so I kept 15. As an alternative you may want to use https://www.phoronix.com/news/Radeon...-Mono-Stand-VS :

For a few weeks now it's been possible to use the ACO compiler for certain shaders with RadeonSI and can be activated by the AMD_DEBUG=useaco environment variable as an alternative to using the AMDGPU LLVM compiler. Initially the support was for monolithic pixel shaders while now Mesa 23.2-devel has expanded that scope a bit.​

Comment

Question, exist there in the meantime any chance that rusticl could be also included for Ubuntu 22.04/jammy?

Or is it simply too old?
                    If you want latest and greatest, better if you upgrade to a newer Ubuntu rather than backporting more stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar View Post

thanks! tested rusticl long time ago, but forgot to say thanks!

anyway since a few days we aren't getting new oibaf builds..
                      I'm interested in checking features landed last days like:
                      *radv fragment interlock
                      *rusticl cl_khr_fp16 experimental support
                      to finish:
                      also seems soon we will have merged av1 libva encode support:
                      This MR adds support for AV1 encode in the d3d12 gallium driver. There's a separate commit extending the frontend/va AV1 encode component to support some more parameters D3D12...

would be nice if you can update to DirectX Agility SDK preview 1.711.3​ headers for it to work..

for me no pressure but seems latest LLVM 16.0 release is out 16.0.6 so maybe time to switch to LLVM 16.0..
                      thanks for your work..
                      There were 3 different errors in the build, so I disabled update. 2 are fixed now.
                      New dx: maybe after the new sdk is pushed to debian.
                      llvm16: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...46#post1395146

Comment

Working...
                      X