No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rn llvm 11.0.1 has a bug where it crashes recent versions of blender. This commit seem to fix it

Comment

• thanks for updating it to 12! blender works now!

Comment

• I noticed my custom 5.11.10 kernel build was giving me 30fs in Valheim. I'm on 20.04 and I'm not sure if the userspace is the problem. Going back to 5.9 or even the distro 5.4 kernel gets my 5700XT performing properly again with the current 2.4.104+git2103241700.f5abbc~oibaf~f.

I'm not sure if it is worth upgrading just yet as the kids use this computer as well. I was wondering where the disconnect might be between mesa and the kernel 5.11.x that would have such an impact. FWIW I also tried the mainline 5.11.10-051110 kernel build in case I had gotten something really wrong in my kernel config.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaos View Post
          I noticed my custom 5.11.10 kernel build was giving me 30fs in Valheim. I'm on 20.04 and I'm not sure if the userspace is the problem. Going back to 5.9 or even the distro 5.4 kernel gets my 5700XT performing properly again with the current 2.4.104+git2103241700.f5abbc~oibaf~f.

I'm not sure if it is worth upgrading just yet as the kids use this computer as well. I was wondering where the disconnect might be between mesa and the kernel 5.11.x that would have such an impact. FWIW I also tried the mainline 5.11.10-051110 kernel build in case I had gotten something really wrong in my kernel config.
          Possibly related to this commit: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...ae9927dd6a4501
          There have been reports of this commit causing performance issues in some games.
          Last edited by agd5f; 31 March 2021, 12:51 AM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Possibly related to this commit: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...ae9927dd6a4501
            There have been reports of this bug causing performance issues in some games.
            Hrmm, I thought this was already backported into 5.11.

Comment

• It looks like PPA space is over the quota limit and I cannot upload any new packages. I also tried deleting some packages (including mesa) but I don't get more free space.

It looks like a launchpad bug (it already happened in the past), hopefully it will be fixed in the next days.

Comment

• Hello there, I don't know if here is a the right place for a bug report but since I couldn't find anywhere else to report bug (including launchpad) I try it here.
                I have Ubuntu 20.04 with AMD GPU (old one) and I'm using oibaf drivers.

In last update all text were shown incomplete, it shows first 4 characters and then blank until some other characters which I didn't count but there is a pattern.

here is my PC setup:

```
                uname -r
                5.8.0-48-generic
                ```

```
                lspci | grep VGA
                01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series]
                ```

```
                inxi -G
                Graphics:
                Device-1: AMD Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series] driver: radeon
                v: kernel
                Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: radeon resolution: 1366x768~60Hz
                OpenGL: renderer: AMD CEDAR (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.8.0-48-generic LLVM 12.0.0)
                v: 3.3 Mesa 21.1.0-devel (git-5c8a7fa 2021-03-31 focal-oibaf-ppa)

```

recently other people also reported same problem in askubuntu, I drop link to my question and others, hope it help you investigating problem:

1. askubuntu.com/questions/1328937/ubuntu-20-04-only-shows-half-text
                2. askubuntu.com/questions/1329312/xubuntu-20-04-incomplete-words
                3. askubuntu.com/questions/1328152/ubuntu-20-04-text-splitting-and-screen-flickering/
                4. askubuntu.com/questions/1329059/on-the-desktop-xfce-displays-text-incorrectly

I'm sorry if this bug has already been reported somewhere else because I couldn't find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  It looks like PPA space is over the quota limit and I cannot upload any new packages. I also tried deleting some packages (including mesa) but I don't get more free space.

It looks like a launchpad bug (it already happened in the past), hopefully it will be fixed in the next days.
                  They finally fixed it, new packages uploaded.

Comment

• Same issue still occurs after latest updates. Tried ppa-clean and re-add.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehowler View Post
                      Same issue still occurs after latest updates. Tried ppa-clean and re-add.
                      Apologies - the same issue that MahdiBaghbani has reported is still occurring

Comment

Working...
                      X