Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    Seen this too. Do you sure Iris is 100% available in packages in PPA?

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    If it still doesn't work you are likely using a too old GPU not supported by iris.
    It's M3-7Y30 (Kaby Lake) which is much above Broadwell.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      It's M3-7Y30 (Kaby Lake) which is much above Broadwell.

Seen this too. Do you sure Iris is 100% available in packages in PPA?
      Yes, see the build logs:
      Gallium drivers: nouveau virgl svga iris r600 r300 radeonsi swrast
      also Phoronix itself is using my PPA for testing iris, see the bionic-oibaf-ppa signature of my packages in config table:
      https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...eptember&num=2

Comment

• There is no new build from 5 days. I sow that there is problem with configuration script (missing comma separator for driver names), I hope for new version because of many ACO fixes in past several days.

Comment

• Ah. That would be why I've not been seeing the twice-daily oibaf PPA updates since October 29th.

Comment

• PPA also provides zink driver now.

Comment

• Hi!

Ever since the switch to Mesa 20.0, the mesa-common-dev packages seem to be missing the GL include headers.--haven't been able to find them in the build logs at all.

See for example the build log for a 19.3 package versus the build log for the latest 20.0 package -- search for the sequence Package: mesa-common-dev to jump directly to the relevant part of the logs. 19.3 contains the expected headers (gl.h, glx.h, what have you) in /usr/include/GL, whereas 20.0 only ships internal/dri_interface.h and is missing KHR/khrplatform.h as well.

Is this by design and maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Comment

• Ah, never mind, figured it out, it was my bad. Wasn't aware that the GL headers (and libGL.so symlink) were migrated to libgl-dev and not coinstallable with libglvnd-dev.

Sorry for the bother

Comment

• Today I added support in mesa packages for using zstd compression for shader cache rather than old zlib. Enjoy reduced space usage on disk and much faster shader cache compression.

Comment

• Shouldn't libgl-dev and libgl1-mesa-dev both installable at the same time? At least as transition?
                    18.04: libsdl2-dev depends on libgl1-mesa-dev - but for OpenGL headers, you need libgl-dev.
                    There are a lot of dev packages that directly need libgl1-mesa-dev, technical they should depend on libgl-dev in the long run...

Comment

• Originally posted by eis_os View Post
                      Shouldn't libgl-dev and libgl1-mesa-dev both installable at the same time? At least as transition?
                      18.04: libsdl2-dev depends on libgl1-mesa-dev - but for OpenGL headers, you need libgl-dev.
                      There are a lot of dev packages that directly need libgl1-mesa-dev, technical they should depend on libgl-dev in the long run...
                      Sorry for the delay in the response, this is an issue also present in Debian packages after switching to libglvnd 1.3. See for example this two reports:Once this will be addressed upstream in Debian I'll use the same approach in the PPA. If you want to help it's better to suggest any possibile solution in these two bug reports.

Comment

Working...
                      X