No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the xz there is a debian directory. I use the same source for disco, cosmic and bionic, just change the version number inside debian/changelog. (xenial required a different debian dir, but I no longer support it)
    It fails to build just on disco, but it builds fine on bionic and cosmic.

Comment

• The issue on disco is fixed now (with no PPA code change...).

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        The issue on disco is fixed now (with no PPA code change...).
        Great :-D

Comment

• Hi hope somebody can help me with my issue.
          Ubuntu 18.10 (non-lts, normal) on top of ESXi box, RX590, gives messages
          Code:
          [    5.154978] amdgpu 0000:13:00.0: BAR 6: can't assign [??? 0x00000000 flags 0x20000000] (bogus alignment)
          [    5.432083] amdgpu 0000:13:00.0: Direct firmware load for amdgpu/polaris10_k_mc.bin failed with error -2
          lspci shows:
          Code:
          13:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X] (rev e1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
              Subsystem: Sapphire Technology Limited Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 4GB
          Added this repository and nothing changed. Can't install AMDGPU-PRO as only 18.04 is supported.
          Windows 10 is doing ok, recognizing as RX590.
          Maybe I need to update amdgpu, haven't found how.

Comment

• So the fix was to upgrade to disco, great.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaXaMaR View Post
              Hi hope somebody can help me with my issue.

[ 5.432083] amdgpu 0000:13:00.0: Direct firmware load for amdgpu/polaris10_k_mc.bin failed with error -2[/CODE]
              l
              You need to install the latest firmware-amd-graphics package. https://packages.debian.org/sid/firmware-amd-graphics

Comment

• Problem is, I dumped Ubuntu & installed Debian, latest firmware-amd package looks to be 15 days outdated in debian. Now it just shows black screen with mouse pointer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaXaMaR View Post
                  Problem is, I dumped Ubuntu & installed Debian, latest firmware-amd package looks to be 15 days outdated in debian. Now it just shows black screen with mouse pointer.
                  Sure, if you installed Debian "stable". Upgrade to buster and then to Sid. For a clean install, you can use my distribution.

Comment

Working...
                  X