Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eis_os View Post
    Shouldn't libgl-dev and libgl1-mesa-dev both installable at the same time? At least as transition?
    18.04: libsdl2-dev depends on libgl1-mesa-dev - but for OpenGL headers, you need libgl-dev.
    There are a lot of dev packages that directly need libgl1-mesa-dev, technical they should depend on libgl-dev in the long run...
    Sorry for the delay in the response, this is an issue also present in Debian packages after switching to libglvnd 1.3. See for example this two reports:Once this will be addressed upstream in Debian I'll use the same approach in the PPA. If you want to help it's better to suggest any possibile solution in these two bug reports.

Comment

• As a present for the new year I uploaded SuperTuxKart 1.1 and SuperTux 0.6.1 in the PPA.
      (Only available since 19.10/eoan, if you are still using 19.04/disco I suggest to upgrade. If you are using 18.04/bionic you may want to wait for 20.04/focal.)

Comment

• libegl-mesa0 is broken, It fails to overwrite /usr/share/glvnd/egl_vendor.d/50_mesa.json and fails, after moving file away, it will install, but then Gnome is without animations, and altogether egl is nor working. May be it is some kind of mesa bug ?

Comment

• Sunday's last update seems to have broken direct rendering for me (Kubuntu 19.10 with RX480). Today another update hit but it still reverts to llvmpipe. Still hunting down any possible error in the logs.

Comment

• Also broken for me (r600 and i965, both falling back to llvmpipe), ever since the update of xserver (from 1.20.5 to 1.20.7).

Comment

• Iris driver is not working also after Sunday update - falls back to llvmpipe. Ubuntu 18.04.3
              Last edited by Phush0; 04 February 2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• after sunday
                Code:
                /usr/share/glvnd/egl_vendor.d/50_mesa.j1
                {
                    "ICD": {
                        "library_path": "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libEGL_mesa.so"
                    },
                    "file_format_version": "1.0.0"
                }
                if you put
                Code:
                {
                    "file_format_version" : "1.0.0",
                    "ICD" : {
                        "library_path" : "libEGL_mesa.so.0"
                    }
                }
                it will work. It is mesa bug commit

Comment

• confirmed, works, thank you Phush0

Comment

• Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                    Sunday's last update seems to have broken direct rendering for me (Kubuntu 19.10 with RX480). Today another update hit but it still reverts to llvmpipe. Still hunting down any possible error in the logs.
                    HyperDrive tw78 Phush0

This is being addressed:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/..._requests/3694

Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Comment

• Just to note that the issue is indeed present with Mint 19.2 - i.e. after the latest update xorg aborts, leading to no gui. A workaround is to create the missing symlink with:

Code:
                      ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libEGL_mesa.so{.0,}

Comment

Working...
                      X