Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post

Did exactly this yesterday, got llvmpipe in glxinfo output.
    See this one: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/kwg/mesa/-/milestones/1

If it still doesn't work you are likely using a too old GPU not supported by iris.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      Seen this too. Do you sure Iris is 100% available in packages in PPA?

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      If it still doesn't work you are likely using a too old GPU not supported by iris.
      It's M3-7Y30 (Kaby Lake) which is much above Broadwell.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        It's M3-7Y30 (Kaby Lake) which is much above Broadwell.

Seen this too. Do you sure Iris is 100% available in packages in PPA?
        Yes, see the build logs:
        Gallium drivers: nouveau virgl svga iris r600 r300 radeonsi swrast
        also Phoronix itself is using my PPA for testing iris, see the bionic-oibaf-ppa signature of my packages in config table:
        https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...eptember&num=2

Comment

• There is no new build from 5 days. I sow that there is problem with configuration script (missing comma separator for driver names), I hope for new version because of many ACO fixes in past several days.

Comment

• Ah. That would be why I've not been seeing the twice-daily oibaf PPA updates since October 29th.

Comment

• PPA also provides zink driver now.

Comment

• Hi!

Ever since the switch to Mesa 20.0, the mesa-common-dev packages seem to be missing the GL include headers.--haven't been able to find them in the build logs at all.

See for example the build log for a 19.3 package versus the build log for the latest 20.0 package -- search for the sequence Package: mesa-common-dev to jump directly to the relevant part of the logs. 19.3 contains the expected headers (gl.h, glx.h, what have you) in /usr/include/GL, whereas 20.0 only ships internal/dri_interface.h and is missing KHR/khrplatform.h as well.

Is this by design and maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Comment

• Ah, never mind, figured it out, it was my bad. Wasn't aware that the GL headers (and libGL.so symlink) were migrated to libgl-dev and not coinstallable with libglvnd-dev.

Sorry for the bother

Comment

• Today I added support in mesa packages for using zstd compression for shader cache rather than old zlib. Enjoy reduced space usage on disk and much faster shader cache compression.

Comment

• Shouldn't libgl-dev and libgl1-mesa-dev both installable at the same time? At least as transition?
                      18.04: libsdl2-dev depends on libgl1-mesa-dev - but for OpenGL headers, you need libgl-dev.
                      There are a lot of dev packages that directly need libgl1-mesa-dev, technical they should depend on libgl-dev in the long run...

Comment

Working...
                      X