No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since 1 May mesa packages on oibaf PPA (for all 4 supported Ubuntu versions) are built with LTO! Binaries size:
    • dri drivers are 5% smaller with LTO;
    • gallium drivers are 9% smaller with LTO.

Comment

• This is mostly because I also publish dbg packages in addition to release packages. Dbg packages uses lot of space, check their size in my PPA.

Also I manage 4 Ubuntu versions.

And I update the packages twice every day, and older packages require some days before being purged, increasing PPA size.

Lastly I also have some other bonus packages, like newer versions of 0 AD game, which is a relatively big package.

Llvm has nothing to do with the size.

Comment

• And I also publish arm64 packages.

Comment

• Everyone still using cosmic/18.10 should upgrade to disco/19.04 ASAP.

Cosmic will EOL in some days, the cosmic PPA will no longer be able to accept new packages and I'll soon remove the remaining old packages. For more info about the upgrade of the PPA, see PPA page.

Comment

• Are the drivers supposed to work on AMD Ryzen 7 2700U as well? It's not quite working for me.

I can't uninstall it completely apparently. After removing it with the ppa-purge instructions, I still have references to it.

Example
            The following packages have unmet dependencies:
            libgl1-mesa-glx : Depends: libgl1 but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libglx-mesa0 but it is not going to be installed
            sudo apt install libglx-mesa0
            Reading package lists... Done
            Building dependency tree
            Reading state information... Done
            Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
            requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
            distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
            or been moved out of Incoming.
            The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
            libglx-mesa0 : Depends: libglapi-mesa (= 19.0.2-1ubuntu1.1~18.04.2) but 19.2~git1908060730.5544b2~oibaf~b is to be installed
            E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages

Comment

• Not enough info to debug (what do you mean with "not quite working"? distro version? installed packages? full commands output? other PPA installed? ...).

Anyway about the removal apt and ppa-purge may not always properly work. You may want to should use the force options to restore your system.

Comment

• Is there any chance to get armhf architecture supported? Older ARM chips like Allwinner H3 or Rockchip 3288 may benefit since lately lima and panfrost kernel drivers have been mainlined

Comment

• I noticed that Iris currently is not enabled in this PPA. Is it intentional due to some issues with this driver or it's building?

Comment

• Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                    I noticed that Iris currently is not enabled in this PPA. Is it intentional due to some issues with this driver or it's building?
                    It is enabled, you have to select it like described here: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...e_requests/283

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                      It is enabled, you have to select it like described here: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...e_requests/283
                      Did exactly this yesterday, got llvmpipe in glxinfo output.

Comment

Working...
                      X