No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently this patch is needed to workaround a problem with 32-bit build without sse currently. The 32-bit builds have been failing because of this and it's not upstream yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      Also I'll stop supporting 16.04/xenial once upgrade to 18.04/bionic are enabled, August or so.
      As promised 16.04/xenial is no longer supported. Please upgrade to 18.04/bionic or later to get updated packages from this PPA.

Comment

• Anyone have issues with installing mesa-vdpau-drivers and Kodi? Some videos will freeze Kodi and the only solution is to disable VDPAU acceleration or uninstall mesa-vdpau-drivers.

Comment

• Interestingly, the Radeon 9000 (mobile) is listed as supported by the "radeon" driver, as the "RV250", however is only being used with the "llvmpipe" software driver, and forcing it against the "radeon" driver results in the X server failing to start.

Using the Oibaf PPA helped me not.

Does anyone know whether the RV250 simply does not work against KMS? Or if this is something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by moriel5 View Post
            Does anyone know whether the RV250 simply does not work against KMS? Or if this is something else?
            It worked with kms maybe 5 years ago the last time I tested it. That code hasn't really changed in years. It should work, but I doubt may people use those chips any more since they are approaching 20 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post

It worked with kms maybe 5 years ago the last time I tested it. That code hasn't really changed in years. It should work, but I doubt may people use those chips any more since they are approaching 20 years old.
              Ah, interesting.
              Oddly enough, no matter what I do, the driver does not work with the chip.
              You are right about the age, I am trying to resurrect an old ThinkPad T42.

Comment

• Library mismatch? That happened to me a few times with 32/64 bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                  Library mismatch? That happened to me a few times with 32/64 bit.
                  Unless the x64 library has snuck into the x86 system, I do not think that this is the issue (No x64 support here).

Comment

• Hey oibaf , would it be too much to ask to add xenial packages back again? I don't mean to support/update them, just keep them at your last version. The reason is that your ppa was the last one (to my knowledge) to support half way recent mesa versions for xenial. And travis-ci only has xenial as its most recent distro...

Comment

• Originally posted by dhewg View Post
                      Hey oibaf , would it be too much to ask to add xenial packages back again? I don't mean to support/update them, just keep them at your last version. The reason is that your ppa was the last one (to my knowledge) to support half way recent mesa versions for xenial. And travis-ci only has xenial as its most recent distro...
                      I dropped xenial packages to free some space, the PPA was full. You may want to use this as an alternative:

Comment

Working...
                      X