Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruediix View Post

I wish someone would make a build with only the release updates, but including performance and debugging options.
    There are the Padoka Stable and the Ubuntu x-swat ppas for more stable releases. I went back to using x-swat because recent oibaf updates are causing random system hard freezes on my new Ryzen machine. Last time I tried Padoka ppas I nuked my entire system, so I haven't tried them again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melcar View Post

There are the Padoka Stable and the Ubuntu x-swat ppas for more stable releases. I went back to using x-swat because recent oibaf updates are causing random system hard freezes on my new Ryzen machine. Last time I tried Padoka ppas I nuked my entire system, so I haven't tried them again.
      Padoka PPA is broken badly for Mint users. I have more than one machine and they all had Padoka until one day the updates had held back packages. Ppa-purge even with -d xenial will result in you losing nearly your whole system if you aren't careful. One day a dist-upgrade resulted in me losing everything from Cinnamon to a bunch of other applications. I had to reinstall everything. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I had uninstalled half my system.

Oibaf PPA tends to be more friendlier to Mint users but it has it's moments of breaking. But I can ppa-purge without issue. Plus I can communicate with Oibaf where Padoka is harder to find. I doubt Padoka realizes his PPA has been broken for Mint users for over a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Padoka PPA is broken badly for Mint users. I have more than one machine and they all had Padoka until one day the updates had held back packages. Ppa-purge even with -d xenial will result in you losing nearly your whole system if you aren't careful. One day a dist-upgrade resulted in me losing everything from Cinnamon to a bunch of other applications. I had to reinstall everything. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I had uninstalled half my system.

Oibaf PPA tends to be more friendlier to Mint users but it has it's moments of breaking. But I can ppa-purge without issue. Plus I can communicate with Oibaf where Padoka is harder to find. I doubt Padoka realizes his PPA has been broken for Mint users for over a month.
        Ha, that happened to me also a couple of times. Doing a purge of the Padoka ppas always wants to remove half your system. The first time I was not careful and had to reinstall. Never had the same issues with oibaf, but at the moment it's unusable for me. Fortunately there isn't much of a performance difference with the programs/games I run, except for some games that stopped working with Wine.

Comment

Working...
        X