Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruediix
    I also have this problem. I tested both Padoka and Oibaf PPAs but my PC won't boot.

My system:
    Ubuntu 18.04
    Ryzen 1600X
    16GB RAM
    Radeon RX580

Comment

• Same problem here in AMD® A10-7860k radeon r7 Kaveri.

the system enter in a loop before reach the GDM screen to enter the user-password.

The only solution was ppa-purge the ppa.

Same with padoka ppa. (Actually worst, the ppa-purge gives a lot of errors with padoka's ppa)

Any solution?

Comment

• It may be a driver bug, try reporting it there: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa

Comment

• I had to remove the PPA to get my PC to boot too. This is with Linux Mint 18.3 and Ubuntu 18.04, with a Radeon HD 7850 and a Nvidia 7900 mobile GPU. Both won't boot after installing this PPA. This is really bad especially when I can install Nvidia 304 on Ubuntu 18.04.

Comment

• I have been reading that both oibaf and padoka are causing issues on the latest Ubuntus. I think it's due to a change in packaging policies or mismatched dependencies. Should be ironed out in a few days I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by nadro View Post
              Ruediix
              I also have this problem. I tested both Padoka and Oibaf PPAs but my PC won't boot.

My system:
              Ubuntu 18.04
              Ryzen 1600X
              16GB RAM
              Radeon RX580
              For me I could just switch VTs over to the console VT, log in there, and PPA-Purge there.
              I wish Ubuntu would add a menu based repository to the rescue menu as well as a way to access the rescue menu from the command prompt. It would make life easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                I have been reading that both oibaf and padoka are causing issues on the latest Ubuntus. I think it's due to a change in packaging policies or mismatched dependencies. Should be ironed out in a few days I guess.
                I figured that was the case. Hopefully it can get sorted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  I made some fixes, can you try it again?
                  I can confirm that after manually installing libwayland-egl1 (libwayland-egl1-mesa was forced to be removed) and update other packages all works fine. Thanks all involved for help.

Comment

• Next month Ubuntu 17.10/artful will be End Of Life, so I'll drop support for it. If you are still using it consider upgrading ASAP: make sure to purge the PPA, upgrade to 18.04/bionic and add again the PPA.

Also I'll stop supporting 16.04/xenial once upgrade to 18.04/bionic are enabled, August or so.

Comment

• I installed this PPA on Linux Mint 19 and I can't boot into Cinnamon. Had to ppa-purge to get back functionality. Is this PPA broken for weeks now?

Comment

Working...
                      X