No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, was coming back to Ubuntu (15.10) and upon trying to install mesa-vdpau-drivers, I get a broken depends because nothing is providing libomxil-bellagio0.

Comment

• Hi, I uploaded llvm-3.7 and recompiled mesa and libclc with it.
      You should be able to get OpenGL 4+ with radeonsi now.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        Hi, I uploaded llvm-3.7 and recompiled mesa and libclc with it.
        You should be able to get OpenGL 4+ with radeonsi now.
        I just noticed this too.

glxinfo |grep core
        OpenGL core profile version string: 4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-040e314 2016-01-08 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
        OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.10

I tried saint row 4, which required 4 before. And it works and the performance was good on my short try.

Comment

• I also added support for Ubuntu 16.04 / xenial.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            I also added support for Ubuntu 16.04 / xenial.
            Great! Thanks for that!

Comment

• Nice surprise today . Now to play some games.

Comment

• Suspend seems to be broken (no surprise, happens every now and then) and I get total system freezes in the Valley benchmark (in the scene with the rocks and the heavy rain).

Comment

• How do I get OpenGL 3.3 for R600? Specifically every time I boot the PC.
                  Code:
                  ATTENTION: default value of option vblank_mode overridden by environment.
                  OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                  OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.7.1)
                  OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-cb51348 2016-01-08 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
                  OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
                  OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                  OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
                  OpenGL core profile extensions:
                  OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-cb51348 2016-01-08 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
                  OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                  OpenGL context flags: (none)
                  OpenGL extensions:
                  OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-cb51348 2016-01-08 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
                  OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
                  OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                    How do I get OpenGL 3.3 for R600? Specifically every time I boot the PC.
                    Code:
                    ATTENTION: default value of option vblank_mode overridden by environment.
                    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.7.1)
                    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-cb51348 2016-01-08 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
                    OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
                    OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                    OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
                    OpenGL core profile extensions:
                    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-cb51348 2016-01-08 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
                    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                    OpenGL context flags: (none)
                    OpenGL extensions:
                    OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-cb51348 2016-01-08 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
                    OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
                    OpenGL ES profile extensions:
                    IIRC, the problem here is that R600 still doesn't support OpenGL completely because most R600 GPUs lack 64-bit floating point hardware, so we need to wait for devs to code an "emulation" of these features. I could be wrong, so here's the thread that explains this: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...-with-opengl-4

BUT, IIUC, you don't actually need this to play games anyway, you can force OpenGL 4.1 like this:
                    Code:
                    MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=410 ./application
                    I could be wrong, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                      IIRC, the problem here is that R600 still doesn't support OpenGL completely because most R600 GPUs lack 64-bit floating point hardware, so we need to wait for devs to code an "emulation" of these features. I could be wrong, so here's the thread that explains this: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...-with-opengl-4

BUT, IIUC, you don't actually need this to play games anyway, you can force OpenGL 4.1 like this:
                      Code:
                      MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=410 ./application
                      I could be wrong, though.
                      I have a 6850 but do I need 4.1 to get 3.3? Also would I put that in "/etc/environment"?

Comment

Working...
                      X