No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also enabled new virgl gallium driver in the PPA.

Comment

• Also added amdgpu xorg driver (wily only).

Comment

• Hello. I'm using HP 8470p (i7) with Radeon HD 7570M. Is this possible to use video acceleration while watching movies/using flash with your drivers?
        I'm with you so long but my laptop is still hot so maybe I have something wrong cofigured or maybe this card is not supported yet.
        Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by juriemu View Post
          Hello. I'm using HP 8470p (i7) with Radeon HD 7570M. Is this possible to use video acceleration while watching movies/using flash with your drivers?
          put the following lines in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg :
          Code:
          EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
          OverrideGPUValidation=1
          this will let flash use VDPAU. make sure to test some videos to see if flash or the driver still works, though. if you get random crashes, remove the lines.

Originally posted by juriemu View Post
          I'm with you so long but my laptop is still hot so maybe I have something wrong cofigured or maybe this card is not supported yet.
          Thank you in advance.
          what versions of kernel/ubuntu are you using?
          run
          Code:
          glxinfo | grep render
          if you see something like "llvmpipe (LLVM 3.6, 128 bits)" somewhere, then your laptop is misconfigured and not using the GPU(s).

Comment

• Thank you for answer. Now I can't check this but my laptop can use only AMD GPU. Can't switch to Intel. I was using every Ubuntu since LTS.

Comment

• How do I completely remove Oibaf PPA? ppa-purge doesn't seem to do it. I'm interested in trying Paulo Dias PPA or just going back to regular drivers that came with Mint 17.2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                How do I completely remove Oibaf PPA? ppa-purge doesn't seem to do it. I'm interested in trying Paulo Dias PPA or just going back to regular drivers that came with Mint 17.2.
                Can you paste the apt-get output? you can remove every package with the oibaf tag too, see what you still have installed with dpkg -l|grep -i oibaf

Comment

• I have few questions about OpenCL
                  1. Is there any package in this oibaf/graphics-drivers ppa that
                  provides same libraries as mesa-opencl-icd, libclc-amdgcn and libclc-r600 from Debian sid?
                  2. If answer is "Yes", which package(s) is it? (I suppose it's mesa but still in doubt)
                  3. Is it possible to use latest opensource OpenCL implementations for AMD GPUs without using unstable mesa and Xorg? I'm using beignet from git on my laptop and it just happy to work with default ubuntu 15.10 libraries (except little kernel patch, although it doesn't break my system at all)
                  Last edited by inferrna; 15 November 2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• 1 yes
                    2 same name of Debian. Note that actually amdgcn drivers are in r600 libclc package, this will be changed soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny99 View Post

Thanx. SHould be less than a month for 3.7.1 packages. Reversion of the abi breakage is already in the branch.
                      This is not fixing i386 build, I build 3.7.1-rc1 but it still breaks.

Comment

Working...
                      X