Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by okias View Post
    don't worry, website is running again and as darkbasic said, we working on it Getting closer to DRI3 support
    So what are the benefits going to DRI3? Have no idea what DRI3 does honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      can't tell for other systems, but for intel gpus it means finally no video tearing and no need to do various hacks to remove tearing.

Comment

• Why haven't the mesa ppa Utopic packages been updated for almost a week? Is there a problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by hagda View Post
          Why haven't the mesa ppa Utopic packages been updated for almost a week? Is there a problem?
          Yes, this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            DRI3 has better design. Not sure how much it affect OpenGL, but with DRI2 Nine we lost lot performance, so with DRI3 we can slowly get reasonable speed (of course, there is plenty missing speed optimization in Nine).
            Last edited by okias; 25 September 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gutigen View Post
              What's up with GalliumNine? Oibaf GalliumNine PPA not updated in 6 days, GalliumNine website down... odd.
              Hi, if you want a more updated Gallium Nine Mesa PPA that is run by someone much less educated(me) than oibaf, use mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarnex View Post
                Hi, if you want a more updated Gallium Nine Mesa PPA that is run by someone much less educated(me) than oibaf, use mine.

https://launchpad.net/~commendsarnex...tu/galliumnine
                NINE_DEBUG=all is not work in your ppa

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  Yes, this.
                  Any workaround? I'm so used to updating Mesa every few days, that this feels like I'm missing something in my life :P

Comment

• About the utopic mesa package, there is some discussion on the fdo bug. Let's see how it evolves, if the bug won't be fixed soon, I'll see for a workaround.

For nine branch, when pulling it, from time to time it bitrots, so I did set up a trick to avoid pushing it when it won't compile, however this sometimes missed some builds that would compile correctly. I just added an improvement now, hopefully it should not miss anymore any branch update. Note that the nine PPA always follow the nine branch (which is updates every few days at most), it won't merge anymore from mesa master git (as it was some time ago). This to avoid possible breakage and also to match what's currently in the PPA for easier problem reproducibility and reporting. Let me know if you notice again the nine branch get an update but the mesa package in gallium-nine is not pushed at next hour.
                    Last edited by oibaf; 27 September 2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by commiethebeastie View Post
                      NINE_DEBUG=all is not work in your ppa
                      Yes, this is intended, because debug mode runs slower. If you want to debug, run apt-get source and go into debian/rules and uncomment the 3 gallium nine debug lines, and then recompile with debuild -us -uc -j(cores+1). If you're on 64 bit, you need a 32 bit VM or pbuilder to compile the 32 bit packages.

Comment

Working...
                      X