Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    Actually gallium-nine merges properly, so I added it to the main PPA.
    We're not worthy!

Comment

@0xBADCODE
      Make sure to report the bugs, maybe they can be fixed before final llvm 3.5.
      I'm not even sure it is bug in LLVM. Could be some kernelside issue or so. I can see heavy activity related to memory management patching in Linux kernel, etc. Any hints from AMD guys? After all it shouldn't be too hard to launch clinfo or bfgminer --scrypt --benchmark and then get idea what exactly crashed? I believe AMD ppl could be way better than me at identifying faulty component(s).

Comment

Dude, you are a hero

Comment

Pretty awesome

So if I understand right, do you need Wine compiled to have compatibility with gallium-nine (as in, you can't just use it with Wine from normal repos like Ubuntu and SUSE)? And does gallium-nine only help out D3D9 games/apps (not DDraw, and older renderers like D3D8 and lower)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
            Pretty awesome

So if I understand right, do you need Wine compiled to have compatibility with gallium-nine (as in, you can't just use it with Wine from normal repos like Ubuntu and SUSE)? And does gallium-nine only help out D3D9 games/apps (not DDraw, and older renderers like D3D8 and lower)?
            I used this simple tutorial by @okias:

You only need:
            HKCU->Software->Wine->Direct3D and create DWORD named UseNative to 1 for enabling, 0 to disable.
            I had problems with other registry keys, so only leave that one (and, perhaps, VideoMemorySize). Obviously (I guess), you need dx9 libs and everything necessary to run your game.

Comment

• I'm having trouble running applications with the patched wine, but I also didn't reinstall my windows applications.

Comment

• Nice work on adding gallium-nine! I spent last weekend compiling it from source on a testing HDD to play around with it. Having it in your awesome PPA makes that process a lot simpler. Now you just have to build Wine. That is easier said than done though, especially on a 64-bit system. I had to use a 32-bit chroot to build Wine, and even so I can't get it to run from outside the chroot. If anyone has the answer to building a 32/64-bit combined Wine install and preferably packaging it appropriately that would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
                  Nice work on adding gallium-nine! I spent last weekend compiling it from source on a testing HDD to play around with it. Having it in your awesome PPA makes that process a lot simpler. Now you just have to build Wine. That is easier said than done though, especially on a 64-bit system. I had to use a 32-bit chroot to build Wine, and even so I can't get it to run from outside the chroot. If anyone has the answer to building a 32/64-bit combined Wine install and preferably packaging it appropriately that would be awesome.
                  If anyone also has a working Wine patched PPA then please share. I tried to compile it myself and just get errors when I run applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                    If anyone also has a working Wine patched PPA then please share. I tried to compile it myself and just get errors when I run applications.

I think Pipelight team has one, i believe it's called Wine-Compholio, and it installs it self to /opt, so you can activate it like "cd /opt" "winecfg".

Comment

• Mesa seems to be completely broken atm. First there is issue with random gpu hangs:

It makes browsing a risky affair (I will not even mention watching youtube, impossible).

Now also vdpau (for example in mplayer) instantly locks down GPU to the point where only hard reset helps, while xv also brings gpu locks, but after some time.

Comment

Working...
                      X