Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open drivers

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
    As far as I remember this problem related to incompatibility between LLVM and Steam runtime dependencies (libgcc_s.so.1).
    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...time/issues/13
    Do you know, why do I have horizontal and vertical dancing lines on all versions of open drivers?
    Code:
    00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Trinity [Radeon HD 7520G]
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Thames [Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series] (rev ff)
    Code:
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA

Comment

• Seems like there is some new bug:

Perhaps another reason to switch to LLVM3.5 (if it's LLVM issue, which it looks like)? Some of us, less Linux savvy users, rely on your PPA and would love to see it better, so if you need any help (with testing or whatever) just tell us

Like always though, thanks for maintaining your PPA, it's a life saver for AMD users <3

Comment

• RadeonSI now needs LLVM-3.5 to properly display textures. I figured I'd report it here hoping OIbaf would add it to the PPA+Build Mesa with it. What would be the best way to contact him without a Ubuntu without a Launchpad account, and if I do get a way to contact him. when should I try to take that action?

Not being able to play any games because if looks pretty terrible is becoming a pain. :P

Comment

• I wonder, can I install LLVM3.5 and use this to rebuild it with LLVM3.5 and if so, is installing LLVM3.5 enough or would it take some more tinkering?

Comment

• Originally posted by gutigen View Post
            I wonder, can I install LLVM3.5 and use this to rebuild it with LLVM3.5 and if so, is installing LLVM3.5 enough or would it take some more tinkering?
            What you do is you use the git (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/) and then use git from the terminal after all installed and do "git clone -b (Branch here, should be "master") (Mesa git URL here)" and then you build the source code like many other programs, be ready to install tons of related programs, it'll tell you, but then you'll build mesa with "./autogen.sh" and then you will see what messages you get, this is how you know what programs to install to be able to compile it. But after it builds, just do "sudo make install" and it should install.

I've compiled mesa before, at one point I compiled it every day. But, recently I tried to and it installed in 100% wrong directories, so I've never tried it again tbh. Thats why I'm asking it be added to the PPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAaronB123 View Post
              I've compiled mesa before, at one point I compiled it every day. But, recently I tried to and it installed in 100% wrong directories, so I've never tried it again tbh. Thats why I'm asking it be added to the PPA.
              Considering that I would propably fuck up my system in the process and the fact that issue is gone for now (after today's update), I'll stick with Oibaf PPA

Comment

• Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
                Just a heads up, but it seems one of the more recent updates broke shadows on windows with Unity on Ubuntu with my 7850 (the shadows are like sections of a checkerbox). Not sure if anything else is affected or not, or what the cause is.
                Seems fixed now. Might of been related to whatever that LLVM 3.5 thing was, but in any case, all is well currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
                  Seems fixed now. Might of been related to whatever that LLVM 3.5 thing was, but in any case, all is well currently.
                  A recent commit broke things unless you had LLVM3.5. They reverted part of it, so that LLVM 3.4.2 works again. I don't think anything earlier than 3.4.2 is supported right now.

Comment

• Any chance for an updated mpv? 0.4.1 was released a couple of days ago

Comment

• mpv si just a bonus, here. Newer versions require an updated libav, which is too invasive, so i won't backport newer versions.

Comment

Working...
                      X