Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NightmareMan View Post
    On Windows I have stable smooth 60 fps (Vsync on) even in big battles. But on Mint I have 25-30 FPS with same video settings.
    Is it possible to do something to increase FPS? I have Radeon HD7770.
    Help me please. Dota is the only thing why I'm not fully on Linux
    Using the 3.16 kernel should give a big boost to your FPS, although i doubt it goes all the way up to 60.

Comment

• My glxinfo is
      Code:
      # glxinfo | grep OpenGL
      OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAPE VERDE
      OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.3.0-devel (git-8ff1611 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
      OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
      OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
      OpenGL core profile extensions:
      OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.0-devel (git-8ff1611 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
      OpenGL context flags: (none)
      OpenGL extensions:
      Now I still didn't ever try to install another kernel, so decided to try other ways that you guys gave me.
      As for the DPM - it's enabled. I checked dmesg log and there was a string that you mentioned.
      Launching Steam with vblank_mode=0 force_s3tc_enable=true steam and disabling Vsync also didn't help
      A trick with 99-vblank.conf file also didn't help
      Adding command radeon.vm_block_size=12 to grub file failed, I don't know why
      Here's output
      Code:
      # gedit /etc/default/grub
      # update-grub
      /usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig: 13: /etc/default/grub: radeon.vm_block_size=12: not found
      As for R600_DEBUG=hyperz string, I didn't understand where to place it. To grub file?

So tried everything except another kernel. Will try to google now how to install it. Big thanks guys for your support

Comment

• Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
        Try:
        Code:
        vblank_mode=0 force_s3tc_enable=true steam
        Why not just make that a steam launch option for the game?

Code:
        vblank_mode=0 force_s3tc_enable=true %command%

Comment

• Updated kernel to 3.16 RC4. No changes
          P.S. Can't edit previous post

Comment

• Hi all,

I've added this repository on my Ubuntu 14.04 64-bits installed on a system with an AMD APU A10-6800K (richland, comes with an Integrated HD-8670D). It works pretty well for daily use (I'm not a gamer), however I'm unable to run Firefox with Hardware acceleration. It's this known on the current state of the drivers, or it's there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareMan View Post
              Adding command radeon.vm_block_size=12 to grub file failed, I don't know why
              Here's output
              Code:
              # gedit /etc/default/grub
              # update-grub
              /usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig: 13: /etc/default/grub: radeon.vm_block_size=12: not found
              As for R600_DEBUG=hyperz string, I didn't understand where to place it. To grub file?
              The radeon.vm_block_size=12 boot command should only work on 3.16+ kernels btw, but it's inserted in the same area as the quiet splash commands (so that area should have quiet splash radeon.vm_block_size=12).

As for R600_DEBUG=hyperz, you use it in the same way as vblank_mode=0 (they're both enviroment variables).

I'm not too up-to-date as to the state of the 7770, but it could also be possible the open-source drivers just aren't up to par on it (although I doubt that's the case). Might need someone with such a card or someone more knowledgable to chime in. I know Dota 2 works great on my 7850, but it was pretty sub-par on my 7660G + 7670M laptop with supposedly more-mature open-source drivers (not radeonsi; apparently 6xxx rebrands) last I checked...

Comment

• Hi! Sorry for a late reply. I did everything what you offered, but nothing helped. And that's very strange for me....

Comment

• Hi, cann't install this drivers

I did
                  Code:
                  apt-add-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
                  apt-get update
                  apt-get dist-upgrade
                  apt-get install mesa-vdpau-drivers
                  then i try to start "steam" or "LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/{different here} steam"(i don't know what i've to add as PATH)
                  and steam says
                  Code:
                  libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
                  libGL error: driver pointer missing
                  libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
                  libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
                  libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
                  I have Radeon 7670m + 7540G and I have dancing lines when I start any linux with open drivers, so I'd like to solve this.
                  Could anybody help me?

Comment

• Originally posted by luntik2012 View Post
                    I have Radeon 7670m + 7540G and I have dancing lines when I start any linux with open drivers, so I'd like to solve this.
                    Could anybody help me?
                    As far as I remember this problem related to incompatibility between LLVM and Steam runtime dependencies (libgcc_s.so.1).
                    After a graphics drivers and llvm update (mesa git 2014.04.26, compiled with llvm 3.5; llvm 3.5 svn 207303) I have experienced the following problem: libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri...

Comment

• Just a heads up, but it seems one of the more recent updates broke shadows on windows with Unity on Ubuntu with my 7850 (the shadows are like sections of a checkerbox). Not sure if anything else is affected or not, or what the cause is.

Comment

Working...
                      X