Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
    Before one week I installed Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon, after that video acceleration vdpau don't work anymore.
    I have AMD Radeon HD 5670 graphics.
    mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau Don.Jon.mkv
    try
    Code:
    VDPAU_DRIVER=r600 mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau Don.Jon.mkv

Comment

• After making my post about the video issue with the INTEL HD Graphic
      I saw a update!
      I did it....sadly, no change.
      Still in vesa mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by stfn View Post
        Thanks for the update. Not a real improvement...

But at least Unity seems to load

Yeah the graphic is all garbled.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmod View Post
          Yeah the graphic is all garbled.
          Indeed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw4zl2j93c...2019.22.17.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
            try
            Code:
            This command gives similar error:

[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 23
            Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

Comment

• Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
              try
              Code:
              You don't need to set VDPAU_DRIVER for radeon hardware. Doing so will just cause problems. The ddx passes the vdapu driver name over dri2 just like 3D. Moreover setting it to r600 will break if you have a card supported by the radeonsi driver.

Comment

• When did your problem start? and are you using the Intel HD graphics chipset?

Mine started after updating this morning.
                I am running Linux Mint 16 Petra (saucy)
                I was thinking about upgrading to Linux Mint 17 and see if the latest updates form oibat work there.
                Any thoughts?

By the way, I start up in recovery then continue to normal start up to be able to use the computer.
                I suspect that is in vesa mode, no hardware acceleration ;(

Comment

• I would like to revert back to the original driver, however ppa-purge complains that there is no package list
                  so I am stuck with it, unless I surgically go in and replace packages. and then deal with that nightmare.

Is there anywhere where we can download the packages from before the update?
                  That way we could revert back to the pre-update (working) oibat driver.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RReese View Post
                    When did your problem start? and are you using the Intel HD graphics chipset?

Mine started after updating this morning.
                    I am running Linux Mint 16 Petra (saucy)
                    I was thinking about upgrading to Linux Mint 17 and see if the latest updates form oibat work there.
                    Any thoughts?

By the way, I start up in recovery then continue to normal start up to be able to use the computer.
                    I suspect that is in vesa mode, no hardware acceleration ;(
                    For me, I upgraded the night before last night and unity wouldn't load at all, then after this afternoon's update (the latest) Unity loads but the graphic is all garbled like stfn's picture.I saw that the problematic commit was reversed, https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79469, hopefully the next update would clear things up (assumming the reversal happened after this afternoon's update)

Intel ironlake here.

I would like to revert back to the original driver, however ppa-purge complains that there is no package list
                    so I am stuck with it, unless I surgically go in and replace packages. and then deal with that nightmare.
                    I clone my / partition regularly in anticipation of something like this, so I just reformated and restored and it is back to it was before after a few minutes. To use ppa-purge make sure that oibaf ppa is activated, you might have disabled it after the bad update.

Comment

• Just got the latest update (~ an hour ago), still not fixed, graphics still messed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X