German RadeonHD Hacker To Start R600 Gallium3D VDPAU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grege View Post
    As I understand it hardware flash is only supported in 32bit for Nvidia hardware running Nvidia drivers - via vpdau.
    As I experience, hardware accelerated flash doesn't work for me on 32 bit Fedora 14 and nv50 hardware. If enabled it very frequently crashes and I wouldn't name that "support".

My configuration is: compiz + vendor drivers version 270.41.03 + flash 10,2,159,1 + firefox 3.6.16.

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post
      If enabled it very frequently crashes...
      By crashes you mean more than usual? Or just the typical 2.57 crashes/minute?

Comment

@NSLW

You should upgrade to Nv 270.41.06 (and maybe ff 4), then accelleration works better - did you really enable it using:
        Code:
        mkdir -p /etc/adobe
        echo EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1 > /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
        Basically it works but when i try

Aktuelle Meldungen, vertiefende Analysen und Interviews: Verfolgen Sie das Programm des ARD-Nachrichtenkanals tagesschau24 hier live. Dies ist der Livestream mit Geoblocking. Er ist nur in Deutschland abrufbar.

Then i see the flash on top of everything even with ff 4 minimized.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          By crashes you mean more than usual? Or just the typical 2.57 crashes/minute?
          It crashes:
          -at the end of film (very frequently)
          -at the beginning of film (very frequently)
          -after minimizing/maximizing firefox (very frequently)
          - in the middle of film (less frequently)

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          @NSLW

You should upgrade to Nv 270.41.06 (and maybe ff 4), then accelleration works better - did you really enable it using:
          Code:
          mkdir -p /etc/adobe
          echo EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1 > /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
          Basically it works but when i try

Aktuelle Meldungen, vertiefende Analysen und Interviews: Verfolgen Sie das Programm des ARD-Nachrichtenkanals tagesschau24 hier live. Dies ist der Livestream mit Geoblocking. Er ist nur in Deutschland abrufbar.

Then i see the flash on top of everything even with ff 4 minimized.
          Yeah i put right switch in right place. I also had problem with flash on top of everything, but I didn't thought it was related to hardware acceleration (now I haven't got such problem)

Comment

I think I'm going to start a "donate meth to your favorite dev(s) so they get shit done faster" charity program. Who's in?

Comment

Links and xorg-edgers report.

Is there a more recent forum for this? Here is a status update.

?Original? branch:

Driver for many applications:

I believe that the branch has been merged with mesa and is even part of the latest release, though It's unclear if it's build/enabled by default.

As for xorg-edgers the code should now be included, but I can't confirm weather it is or not. As indicated it may not be compiled in a default build. There is no driver in /usr/lib/vdpau on my system, perhaps it's being built but not shipped as part of the package or there a missing dependency.

Comment

It works kindove.

Originally posted by cheako View Post
                As for xorg-edgers the code should now be included, but I can't confirm weather it is or not. As indicated it may not be compiled in a default build. There is no driver in /usr/lib/vdpau on my system, perhaps it's being built but not shipped as part of the package or there a missing dependency.
                After a bit of reading(greping) configure.ac and a bit of editing debian/rules I was able to build VDPAU libs. They are not built by the default xorg-edgers, but they are part of the source and part of the last(7.12) official mesa release. That is software is released, but not enabled by default.

Add
                Code:
                --enable-vdpau
                to
                Code:
                confflags_GALLIUM
                to enable building. You'll also need to work out the dependants(libvdpau-dev). This will cause the build to warn about files in a folder
                Code:
                debian/tmp/dir/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/vdpau
                I copied this folder to
                Code:
                /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/vdpau
                The vdpau dir(path component) seams redundant as every ?soname? is prefixed with vdpau and the driver I have never uses this path. The other manual lobar I did was a symlink for
                Code:
                /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvdpau_nvidia,so
                The default driver is hard-coded to nvidia settable via env
                Code:
                VDPAU_DRIVER
                , however I think using alternatives for this file would be a better alternative to setting environments for global system configs like this and there doesn't seam to be a config file currently. I'm sure a super smart Debian/Ubuntu developer will be able to work out all the details so this can be built and installed per usual.

Hay, is there a better/any way to in-line code blocks? This post looks so lame, I know.
                Last edited by cheako; 11 September 2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: missed crucial opinon.

Comment

That's correct Zei54Nol. It's actually an understatement to say that he is starting now... In reality the work could be considered *pre-Alpha, *IMHO. So please give it a test!

It could be included in Ubuntu with minimal changes to the current package, though I wouldn't have it enabled by default. It's vary exciting and I for one would like to see more, like proper video support via UVD!

There is another news article that's more current.

Comment

Wow, this is good stuff. I have a R600 graphics card. I also run ubuntu, but am way too lazy to do the changes suggested above. OTOH if it is enabled by default in xorg-edgers I would install it.

Comment

Originally posted by cheako View Post
                      That's correct Zei54Nol. It's actually an understatement to say that he is starting now... In reality the work could be considered *pre-Alpha, *IMHO. So please give it a test!

It could be included in Ubuntu with minimal changes to the current package, though I wouldn't have it enabled by default. It's vary exciting and I for one would like to see more, like proper video support via UVD!

There is another news article that's more current.
                      Umm, Zei54Nol a spambot. It's a bot that repeats snippets of earlier posts in the same thread and then tries to add some URLs. If you don't believe me click on his username and select "View Forum Posts". As you can see, every post is a one liner that is somewhat on topic and three "image URLs".

If a post looks suspicious, check the user's other posts because the search list will show the posts unfiltered. And if they contain the same links, they're spam.

Comment

Working...
                      X