• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    What should I attack first?
    Any of the patented openGL 3/4 items.

Comment

Originally posted by Goderic View Post
      Last time I checked we were not invaded by the French.
      But you better were. Since USA laws .... suck!

Comment

Last time I checked we were not invaded by the French.
        Read "French speacking" please. Damn minute-edit-oups-too-late rule.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          I think you guys are missing the point. Because of the patent issues support like this cannot be enabled by default in most distros leaving the end user to compile items from scratch if they wish to have that support enabled.
          Doesn't Mint LInux already use some patented things which other distro's don't use because of the fear of lawsuits?
          So maybe some distro's won't enable it, but others like Mint will.
          As long as they have nothing to do with the USA they don't have to care about USA laws

Originally posted by Xheyther View Post
          Read "French speacking" please. Damn minute-edit-oups-too-late rule.
          Ok, but French speaking or not has actually nothing to do with USA laws

Comment

Originally posted by Ragas View Post
            But you better were. Since USA laws .... suck!
            Belgium has AFAIK also no USA laws

(1 min edit indeed sucks)

Comment

Doesn't Mint LInux already use some patented things which other distro's don't use because of the fear of lawsuits?
              So maybe some distro's won't enable it, but others like Mint will.
              Ya there are a few distro's that are willing to run the risk but those are exceptions to the rule rather then the rule.

Comment

Does it matter if it's the rule?

Those who need Open (lol) GL acceleration will be able to get it. That's the most important thing.

Comment

Does anything, besides future kde versions , actually use OpenGL 4+ on Linux?

Personally I couldn't care less about OpenGL 4, 5, 10 whatever. All I care about is good OpenGL 2.1 support plus any extras needed by wine. And by good support I'm talking about support in the complete driver stack, not just the state tracker. So from my point of view I'd rather see a GSoC student applying for hacking on r600g.

Having said that, it's not for me to decide what other people should do in their own time, so if he wishes to work on OpenGL 4.1 I wish him good luck, although I agree with other comments that it does sound way too over ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    Does it matter if it's the rule?

Those who need Open (lol) GL acceleration will be able to get it. That's the most important thing.
                    Oh I absolutely agree that people that need it can get it and it is the most important thing. That is why I have no issue with blobs.

Comment

Look like someone is willing to own an OpenGL4.0 card...

Comment

Working...
                      X