X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
    did you follow the directions ?

unzip to /boot/
    I made a mistake. Should I go back in time?

Also, how do I delete it again with files all over the place?

seems to be working fine for apple on the MAC without a installer.
    I said "installer, packager or application bundles". OS X has app bundles. Haiku does not. Also, OS X has an installer: Package Maker.

Yes window managers do run On Top of the linux kernel. you have kernel and then everything on top of it. Like a stack of pancakes.
    No. Window managers run on top of X11.

but for god sakes, don't bash the hardwork of others.
    Bashing? I did not. You seem to very hostile and intolerant to people who simply don't see any point in Haiku. Yes, it's your precious. But I don't see any freaking point in it. That's not bashing. That's expressing my opinion about it. If you don't want to hear it, please, for heaven's sake, don't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      I made a mistake. Should I go back in time?

Also, how do I delete it again with files all over the place?
      I dunno try dragging them to the trash can, its in the upper left hand corner. Looks like a trash can. Pretty obvious.

I
      said "installer, packager or application bundles". OS X has app bundles. Haiku does not. Also, OS X has an installer: Package Maker.

it'll be apackage manager that uses a bundling/dependnacy resolution setup, its being implemented now. theres also a package manager on haikuware. works halfway decent actually.

No. Window managers run on top of X11.
      which runs on top of the kernel.

Bashing? I did not. You seem to very hostile and intolerant to people who simply don't see any point in Haiku. Yes, it's your precious. But I don't see any freaking point in it. That's not bashing. That's expressing my opinion about it. If you don't want to hear it, please, for heaven's sake, don't read it.
      I really wish I understood why people use linux. I mean, Look you can do anything you want on windows. Seriously, how else would anyone ever use MS office or Excel or Mediaplayer or Use a functional version of adobe flash, hell I mean its no sweat to decrypt, rencode and burn a back up DVD copy. Handy programs like 1clickDVD make it a snap.

Wow linux is so backwards, I mean they can't even let me install the Os without having to screw with Grub. Between all the compiling and recompiling how does one ever get a functional linux system. Hlaf the time package managers break another application becuase of some lib.

Mind you, I just dished back what you've been dealing the very excited group of haiku users having been hearing from you and several others all day about the gallium port.

Maybe you should go back and reread what you said and think about it for a bit before you respond back.

Comment

its so desktop sucessful that it might have a 1% market share ? if it was a car brand, it'd be out of bussiness.
        Linux doesn't have 1 percent market share. You are a liar. You are repeating and parroting lies.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Hephasteus View Post
          Linux doesn't have 1 percent market share. You are a liar. You are repeating and parroting lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vgQalXaIxs
          in terms of home desktop use it does, If you include enterprise its likely pushing 10% tops.

Mac is easily tripple that.

I can prove it to. If I ask 1000 people what Os they use randomly on their home PC. they will say windows and 1 guy will say linux.

Its pretty cut and dry.

Comment

Linux sucks so much and yet you're willing to pay 2000 bucks to get its "pancake" technology.

Go invent your own if you're so great.

Comment

in terms of home desktop use it does, If you include enterprise its likely pushing 10% tops.

Mac is easily tripple that.

I can prove it to. If I ask 1000 people what Os they use randomly on their home PC. they will say windows and 1 guy will say linux.

Its pretty cut and dry.
              No it's not. You don't know how many of us there are and we aren't going to tell you.

Comment

You know is common practise to do the survey before telling everyone the results.... but would needs proof when you have some guy on the internet who has a hunch.

Comment

This thread started in a wrong way and continues in a wrong way. It now went completely Off Topic.

Let's calm down everyone I've read a lot of pointless trash in this thread. While I do appreciate the extreme liberty in phoronix forums, I think Michael should do something about this thread, like simply closing it.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    thats exactly what i was trying to say in my very first post (which is also the first post after the article itself) and then people got pissed at me.
                    [insert my first post here]

I wasn't particularly pissed (at all, really), but I still don't see why you were/are so concerned about a project that you aren't paying for. Some people have hobbies, sometimes they don't benefit you, and sometimes it takes money to fund those hobbies; it's not that big a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      Linux sucks so much and yet you're willing to pay 2000 bucks to get its "pancake" technology.

Go invent your own if you're so great.
                      gallium wasn't created specifically for linux. It was designed as a multi OS hardware driver API, point of fact.

this isn't about porting Linux drivers, its about porting the multiplatform gallium drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X